question about breeding for variants

• Yes, they can. Look at my tulip here: and then look at the colours of its children. Each is different.

Each of the children is different, but so is each of the children's parents...I know when I breed two flowers so far I've always gotten the same color offspring if I use the same pair. Maybe that's just coincidence, though. It'd be awesome if somebody could show me an example contrary.

• It is Pink, but both parents are Red

As for tulips, this is the only one I have that isn't the same colour as one of the parents.

Parents

All My Pets and Flowers

Sorry I don't know German. I will try and use an online translator when the post is something important. So sorry for the bad grammar.

• The color of the children is randomly. / Die Farbe der Nachkommen ist zufällig.

Look at my tulips / Schaut Euch meine Tulpen an:

Parents / Eltern: +
    Children / Nachkommen:

• I also have an example. I got a dark purple Saintpaulia by breeding two light purple ones:

So, breed and have fun. ^^

I'm very sorry to say that I don't speak German well. I use a translator, so I'm sorry if it is inaccurate. Ich bin sehr traurig zu sagen, dass ich Deutsch nicht gut spreche. Ich benutze einen Übersetzer, damit Es mir Leid tue, wenn es ungenau ist.

• OK, so we found out that you can breed two different ones together and you might get any color. How about if you breed two of the same? Will you always get that same color? Hmm...apparently not since Malagar got a different color from two reds. I would have thought it would give you the same if you had two of the same, but oh well. I guess I don't need to gather two of every color of every kind - but I just want to. ^^

• Ok let's look at this mathematically.

There are 7 colours of Tulips. If you breed 2 different coloured parents then there is a 2 in 7 chance that the child will be the same colour as one of the parents.
    And we all know that when something is random that the odds of us getting the 1 colour we need never seems to feel like 1 in 7. It always feels like 1 in 1,000,000.
    This is why I keep trying for that last light blue tulip and keep giving or trading away the ones that just come out as one of the colours I already have. Hang in there we will all eventually get the tulips we need either by seed, breeding, or trading. :P

Ok wollen Blick darauf mathematisch wir.

Es gibt 7 Farben von Tulpen. Wenn Sie 2 verschiedene farbige Eltern dann gebären, gibt es 2 in 7 Chance, dass das Kind dieselbe Farbe wie einer der Eltern sein wird.
    Und wir alle wissen, dass, wenn etwas zufällig ist, den die Verschiedenheit von uns, die 1 Farbe bekommend, wir brauchen, nie scheint 1 in 7 aufgelegt zu sein. Es ist immer 1 in 1,000,000 aufgelegt.
    Das ist, warum ich fortsetze, mich um diese letzte hellblaue Tulpe zu bemühen und fortsetzen, zu geben oder weg diejenigen zu tauschen, die gerade als eine der Farben herauskommen, die ich bereits habe. Hängen Sie in dort wir werden alle schließlich die Tulpen bekommen, die wir entweder durch den Samen, die Fortpflanzung, oder den Handel brauchen. :P

All My Pets and Flowers

Sorry I don't know German. I will try and use an online translator when the post is something important. So sorry for the bad grammar.