Names instead of numbers for the plants?

• I was just thinking how nice it would be if it were possible to rename the flowers. Maybe with the number intact so there would still be a uniqueness to each one? I just think it would be nice to see it when you see whose parents a plant comes from, you know? Would this be possible?

• I don't know. Maybe have something where you can add to the profile of the plant. Like a little blurb (paragraph) of your own would be better. That way it wouldn't interfere with the ID of the plant but you could have a place to name your plant and talk about it.

• Well when you say it that way then yes. But maybe have something like they do on DragCave. Where the ID is still by number but you can name the dragons and there is a lineage section on each dragon's page where you can see what the parents names are (if they have parents).

(replace dragons with plants of course) :P

And all this would be up to Exterminans anyway. ;) If its too much trouble then just leave as is obviously. ;)

• Well, even if a person wouldn't want to "name" the flower, I still think it would be nice for others to know where it came from - for instance, I could rename a Daffodil "TruDaffodil" so that people would know it came from me. (Or truelinor's Daffodil or Daffodil-truelinor or something along those lines.) I can see it being nice to know where a seed came from - sort of like what nursery it came from - like a brand name or something. It's hard to know who bred the flowers like it is now. It would just add a little interesting feature to the game. ^^

• OK so I is a computer geek and know a little about SQL and other databases. If we add a naming feature then we face one problem. You will never be able to rename a flower unless you keep it referenced by number in the database. It also makes it so no two flowers could be named the same thing. This means a complete database search every time some one want to name a flower. Not a good thing. Especially since we keep growing in member and number of flowers.

So yes being able to give a flower a pet name would add some entertainment and fun; it can be a real coding headache. So if you add this feature make it simple, allow duplicate names, and keep flowers uniquely referenced by a number. I mean every garden can have a Sue, but what are the odds of us all naming the same species the same name.

Just my two cents. Thanks for building such a fun game for us to be involved with. And I understand when Admins say "That would be a great feature, but the code won't let it happen right now."
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    OK, so bin ich ein Computerstreber und ein wenig über SQL und andere Datenbanken wissen. Wenn wir eine Namengeben-Eigenschaft dann hinzufügen, stehen wir einem Problem gegenüber. Sie werden nie im Stande sein, eine Blume umzubenennen, wenn Sie es Verweise angebracht durch die Zahl in der Datenbank halten. Es macht es auch so keine zwei Blumen konnten dasselbe Ding genannt werden. Das bedeutet, dass eine ganze Datenbank jedes Mal sucht, wenn jemand eine Blume nennen will. Nicht ein gutes Ding. Besonders, da wir fortsetzen, im Mitglied und Zahl von Blumen zu wachsen.

So ja im Stande seiend, eine Blume zu geben, würde ein Kosename etwas Unterhaltung und lustig hinzufügen; es kann ein echtes Codierkopfweh sein. So, wenn Sie beitragen, macht diese Eigenschaft es einfach, erlaubt Doppelnamen, und hält Blumen einzigartig Verweise angebracht durch eine Zahl. Ich meine, dass jeder Garten ein Verklagen haben kann, aber welch die Verschiedenheit von uns allen das Namengeben derselben Arten derselbe Name ist.

Gerade meine zwei Cent. Vielen Dank dafür, solch ein lustiges Spiel für uns zu bauen, um damit eingeschlossen zu werden. Und ich verstehe, wenn Admins sagt, dass'Das eine große Eigenschaft sein würde, aber der Code wird nicht es in diesem Augenblick geschehen lassen.'

All My Pets and Flowers

Sorry I don't know German. I will try and use an online translator when the post is something important. So sorry for the bad grammar.

• I am quite aware of the necessity of there being a unique number for each and every flower - but just because that is the case doesn't rule out naming them also. Take a look at this site: My UniCreatures - in the url is the number, but I have renamed the creature to "Sweetie Tru". Of course, it wasn't named a number in the first place - it was named "Daisy".

If it's possible and something the developers want to implement, I'm sure they will know how to go about it. ;)

EDIT: Hurray! This is my 100th post!!! :D :thumbup: :D :thumbup: :D

• Well, I think the same as fkrauthan. A spezies or a subspezies has the name. You was creating a hybrid? Than all F1-hybrids from the founded type have a spezial name, all have the same spezial name.

Otherwise: Later times perhaps each flower we can place in our garden, as we want? We can place nameplates to the flowers. Than we can write, what we wont. --- What you see in my sig, is a gag. :P In the garden I never did speak with any flower. And I don't want to begin with them. Never... I hope. :P

[align=center]

• Yes. The flower from whom I got from? So I ask sometimes. Nameplates where be the solution. Perhaps in the overnext step it will come?

Ja. Von wem erhielt ich die Pflanze? Die Frage stellt sich immer wieder. Namensschildchen wären die Lösung. Vielleicht kommen sie im übernächsten Schritt?

[align=center]

• It were be my nameplate. I write down, what I wont. If I give a flower with plate, the new owner can change the Text. Also he can it take away ant put it to an other flower.

Es wäre mein Namensschild. Ich beschrifte es so, wie ich mag. Gebe ich eine Pflanze mit Namensschild ab, kann der neue Besitzer den Text ändern. Er kann es auch wegnehmen und an einer anderen Pflanze benutzen.

[align=center]

• Finally! Someone who gets what I was trying to say! Yes, thank you, Aztekior! Name plates, renaming them, whatever you want to call it just give me something so I can identify where I got the flower - or whatever else I want to use it for, you know?