Posts by tempestsea

My friend got a gold tinsel as a prize dragon this past Christmas, and she gave the first egg it bred to me. I'm offering the first egg I bred to someone here. I'm doing it as a two-way trade so that I know who gets it, but you can offer anything, even an AP egg. (Although I won't say no to a tinsel/shimmer/metallic fail!) Send me a PM here so I know who the trade is from, and I will give it to the first one who PMs me.

And if anyone else would like an egg from this tinsel, please let me know, and I'll try breeding it again. Well, I'll try breeding it again regardless, but I don't mind giving the eggs away to people here. :)

I'd like a place on the list if you don't mind :)

I'm afraid there are quite a lot of mistakes in the description of the new tomato plant. Here is my version of the text, with mistakes corrected.
    Tomatoes originate from Central and South America. Since about 200 BC, they have been cultivated by humans. In 1500 they came to Europe. The first varieties that arrived in Europe had yellow fruit and hardly anybody wanted to try them for fear of poisoning themselves.

One small thing here - on this sentence "Since about 200 BC, they are cultivated by humans." For proper English grammar it should be "They have been cultivated by humans since about 200 BC." or "They have been under cultivation since about 200 BC." Hmmm and this "Tomatoes originates from Central and South America" could be "Tomatoes originated in Central and South America"

Is there somewhere to sign up for translations and proofreading? I saw the topics for new texts and new translations but I never see any posts. Since I can't donate at the moment, I'd like to help is a small way with translations and proofreading.

You can always start here. When you see a mistake post it and its correction. If there are ambiguities we sometimes discuss it. When a consensus is reached the corrections are made and the related posts are deleted. It tends to keep this topic short that way. So feel free to jump in any time :)

Back to the treasure hunt - moar stuff to fix.

The first one I did is on the adult plants, this one is on the 2nd stage.

On Walpurgis, the night when witches and devils dance together, a secret ritual is cast that brings witch Mushrooms to grow. A secret potion is brewed which is used as fertilizer.

On Walpurgis, the night when witches and devils dance together, a secret ritual is cast that causes witch Mushrooms to grow. A secret potion is brewed which is used as a fertilizer.

I'm not sure what is happening, but I don't seem to be able to edit my posts. Well, I can edit it but not submit it when I'm done. I had a post submit somehow before I was thru and tried to edit it, the submit button looks like it's being pushed but nothing happens. Anyone else having troubles? I'm using firefox if it matters.

Witch mushroom
    On Walpurgis, the night when witches and devils dance together, a secret ritual is cast that brings witch Mushrooms to grow. Finally, the witch mushrooms is shown, a symbol of good luck and fertility.

On Walpurgis, the night when witches and devils dance together, a secret ritual is cast that (allows) or (causes) witch mushrooms to grow. Finally, the witch mushroom appears, a symbol of good luck and fertility.

not sure which sounds better, any opinions?