• For whatever reason, I was looking at some of my plants' heritage and came across this one: http://flowergame.net/lineage/94903

I don't believe I've ever seen a seed as a parent before. When I clicked on the seed it said it was "Taken by truelinor" on 02/20/15, yet it wasn't in my garden at the time - it had a "This plant doesn't seem to have an owner yet. What will you do?
    Take it to your greenhouse." message with link on it:

I didn't have a opening at the time, so I left it until one of my seedlings sprouted, which it did today, and then I took it. Now it says
    "Current location
    This plant is in my Greenhouse.
    04/29/15
    Taken by truelinor.
    02/20/15
    Taken by truelinor."

Isn't that strange? ?(

• The seed isn't one of the parents, it's one of the children. Lineages are done upside down in this game - parents on the bottom, children on the top. Notice the lower numbers of the two plants on the bottom, which indicate that they were created earlier than the plant whose lineage is that you're looking at.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Maybe you bred it at the end of the Valentines breeding season, and released it into the Wild Garden when it turned out to be a Bleeding Heart rather than a Heart of Valentine? That would appear to fit the time frame when it says you first took it.

• It might also have auto-dropped, because her pots were full. Towards the ends of holidays, sometimes some of us breed all of our holiday plants when we have full pots, to let the seeds drop into the wild. That may be what she had done, although if she bred them a little too late, it wouldn't have been an HoV seed.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• It might also have auto-dropped, because her pots were full. Towards the ends of holidays, sometimes some of us breed all of our holiday plants when we have full pots, to let the seeds drop into the wild. That may be what she had done, although if she bred them a little too late, it wouldn't have been an HoV seed.

I don't think so... I bred a lot of plants during the Christmas period that auto-dropped, and my name isn't on any of them. Only ones that went into my greenhouse and were then manually abandoned have my name on them.

• It still seems strange to me that it now says that I have taken it two times.

Not so strange, I've got several of those. Sometimes I abandon a seed when I need the pot for something else (e.g. an event seed) and pick it up again later. Since all plant actions are recorded, this means that the log will show the seed was collected several times. I also have some plants that were abandoned by someone else - which is also shown in the log.

• Oh, well, now that I know that, that will be a challenge for me to collect and drop the same seed as many times as I can! :D I will have to wait until we are out of event before trying it though!

Be easiest to do that with a bred seed - you'll be able to use the link the parent has to the seed.

That's an interesting experiment - sounds fun! Hopefully you're the one who will end up with the seed in the end. :)

Remember, though, that we can only abandon a seed three times a day. So it may take several days to get a long "lineage" that way.

94911.pngKokpD.gif