• Would arrows be something you'd like to see implimented in Flowergame? 9

1. No (5) 56%
    2. Yes (4) 44%

I don't know if this has been requested or not, but I think I would really be able to use it. I think it would be nice to have arrows going from one plant to the next so you don't have to go back and forth to the Greenhouse. Something like on a photo gallery would be nice:

And at the beginning:

and then at the end:

• Which plant would be the next one though? When you have more than one of a kind and water one, they switch places. That might cause problems, wouldn't it?

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I prefer them not to switch places. lol

No, really, any forum you go to (practically) has the ability to go from one thread to the next without going back to the "main" forum for those people who like to just flip through the posts. I sort of thought it would be like that - it would save extra clicks and that, in my book, is a good thing!

• I would message this to you, Tru, but I thought it might help some other players as well. For the past several years, I have used a browser add-on called "Snap Links" (I think it's now "Snap Links Plus"). It's available for both FF and Chrome. What it does is give you a box when you right-click that you can "drag" over the links on a page and open them all in new tabs. It's wonderful for browser games where you have to care for a number of pets/flowers/adoptables from their individual pages. I just right-click, drag a box over the 4 seeds and the 4 sprouts all at once, then change tabs to care for them. The pages auto-update as you water, so you don't have to worry about them changing places. Just close each tab as you're done et voila! Super easy. As a matter of fact, Snap Links wasn't available for about a year and I almost went mental having to clickity click click click so much.

• I'm not convinced yet with the arrows.

But for now I have sorted that annoying bug where plants can change their order based on minor events. That means, the sort order should remain constant now, both for seeds and full grown plants.
    If you haven't specified that your plants should be sorted by age (oldest / newest plant first), then this is now added as a fall back if the sort order would be otherwise ambiguous.

• I'm not quite sure I follow you on plant orders. What does plant orders mean?

froglady - I have used Snap links before, when I was on Yarolds'. After it wouldn't work, I never found it again, and then pretty much forgot about it, but I can see where it would help me out a lot. I'll go looking for it! Thanks!

• In theory, I suppose the arrows would use your sort rules to determine which plants were next? Image gallery programs do that. If you sort by image name, and then start up the slideshow (or back/next individual view) it moves through the images by name. If you switch to sorting by file name, the slideshow switches. So the scripts for doing something like this are already in use, although I don't know how readily they can be adapted to the FlowerGame code.

• I think arrows would be a good idea :3

Oh, thank you!!! I was getting so discouraged.

"Plant orders" means "order of plants in the greenhouse". If you're watering from the greenhouse, plants WERE switching places as you water. It's been fixed.

OK, got it. Yes, that was pretty aggravating having them jump around. So glad that's fixed.

I'm going to echo Dustpuppy here - how do you choose which plant would be next? There are currently six different ways to sort your plants and each would put your plants into a different order.

OK, I am not sure how all the different ways show the seeds and/or sprouts, but those plants (the seeds and the sprouts) would be the only ones which would need to be clicked through anyway. I've just gone to everyone's Greenhouse who posted on this thread and everyone's seeds/sprouts that I could tell are up at the top, not mixed in with the plants. I'm assuming that is how it is on all six different ways, so I don't see why how you have your plants sorted would pose a problem since the arrows wouldn't be for all the plants, but just for the (up to) 8 seeds/sprouts that would need watering. Hope that makes sense.

In theory, I suppose the arrows would use your sort rules to determine which plants were next? Image gallery programs do that. If you sort by image name, and then start up the slideshow (or back/next individual view) it moves through the images by name. If you switch to sorting by file name, the slideshow switches. So the scripts for doing something like this are already in use, although I don't know how readily they can be adapted to the FlowerGame code.

I don't know coding very well, but wouldn't it be possible to assign each slot a number and then just use those to assign arrows for those seeds/sprouts occupying those numbers? - I don't know, something like that.

• Well, just thought I'd let you know that even though I have added Snaplinks, I still find myself clicking through all the plants separately - completely forgetting that I have it! XD One of these days I will think of it before clicking! lol