Racing by typing...fun!

• I found a new (for me) game online! It helps you learn or practice your typing skills and is called typeracer.com. Anyone want to try it? Best score I got was 97 wpm and 100% accuracy! (Only once though.) I'm sure many of you can do much better though!!! :thumbup: We can even race against each other! That would be fun!

• I tried it, and it's a bit annoying when you make a single mistake and it does this ENORMOUS pop up that obscures the rest of the text and distracts you. It makes it so essentially you have to start over again if you even make a single error.

Honestly, the requirement for "typing with no errors" went away with PCs. The idea that your wpm has to be error free is from the old days of typewriters, when erasing a single error was a huge deal. It just isn't anymore. I type extremely fast, but it's not always 100% error free; it doesn't NEED to be since we can always go back and edit if need be. (And we really SHOULD, even if there are no technical errors, because there are always things you can tweak in your writings to make it read better anyway.)

With no errors my wpm is 81. I have no idea what it is WITH errors, since that fricking pop-up was too distracting to me.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Well, if I sounded a bit grumpy, it's because when that thing popped up it startled me enough that I actually jumped out of my seat. (It's red, which is usually reserved for something meant to be alarming.) I was a bit irritated with the makers of that site for that. I tried it again, and when the thing popped up again, I didn't jump out of my seat, but found it so distracting having it right in FRONT of everything (you have to leave the keyboard, use your mouse, and click it away in order to continue, and that's going to slow you down a LOT) that I decided to give up on it.

And the ironic thing is, when I took the government typing test here, they told me I was the fastest typist they'd ever tested. Yet I can't even compare to some of those on the site. I have the feeling that what it's actually testing for is your tolerance of pop up distractions. :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll