Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Aha. went back and played more, it looks like maybe it's not what you click but how many? I just clicked on all my ridgewings (and a bunch in a fansite) and it finally showed up, sort of. It says I observed 19 ridgewings, but have raised 0. This is weird.

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• You can unlock each dragon by raising them from eggs or by observing -> clicking on all the dragon's stages: 5 eggs (cracking stage doesn´t matter), 5 ungendered hatchlings, 5 or 10 gendered hatchling (not sure how many exactly ?( ) and 15 adult dragons. If there are variants of a breed (Pyralspite, prize dragons, Coppers, Snowangel,...) you have to click 15 of each variant. Also note that the Terrae egg has 3 variants, so you need to click each 5 times, too. :)
    It´s just a pity that you can never get the egg for the discontinued dragons (Frill, Bright Pink). :(

I´m also not happy with the fact that the stats start from zero for all. It would have been nice to see how many of a breed I already have. For people like me with a strict scroll goal (which is almost finished) the stats are pretty useless. :thumbdown:

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• I don't know why the actual stats aren't shown, TJ obviously knows how to get them since you can check them using this site he made http://dcrecords.tj09.net/check
    Perhaps showing the stats would have automatically unlocked everything? That would have deprived all the older players of the fun and feeling of accomplishment of unlocking a breed...

Apart from that I'm so looking forward to breeding "elemental affinity" lineages and getting all that extra information. :D

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I'm so silly, I just realised that the stats tool on dcrecords only tells you the total number of dragons, male/female/frozen etc, but not the number of each breed like I thought. X/ Derp.

On forum hiatus due to new job (but I'm still playing), may still be found on Dragon Cave forum.

• I just discovered this on my account page, looks great! So far, all sprites are dark/blurry, but I'll do my best to unlock them.
    The downside is that eggs and hatchlings are getting an insane number of views at the moment, some of mine got sick within minutes (on EATW, btw).

• I've managed to unlock a few, some don't take many clicks (e.g. Cheeses and Papers). The project is still under construction, most pages are more or less empty, but some have additional information about the breed in question, e.g. Pillows, Pinks, Pygmies and Coppers. If I understand this correctly, dragons you raise on your own are unlocked immediately, observed ones take a bit longer.

• I've managed to unlock every breed, and I can see them all except the dinosaurs (I only have one of each of those), but there is ONE dragon that says that it's locked. I'm pretty sure I've clicked at least one of each type of dragon that exists, so I wonder if this is what's coming up for Halloween.

Does anyone know what the dragon is on the dragonopedia page that's directly to the right of the ultraviolet dragon? If no one knows, then my guess is that it's a hint to the new one coming up. Otherwise, somehow I missed clicking a dragon somewhere!

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• Mia, that's a zombie. Have you seen the forum site discussion where there is a thread for encyclopedia help? People have posted links to all kinds of hard to find sprites and someone posted a bunch of zombie links, tho I don't know that you can do them during the day.

ps- have a shiny for the first person to claim it
    Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

Edited once, last by tawanda (October 23, 2014 at 4:41 PM).

• I took it tawanda. Thank you! :)

Thank you for that information! I found the thread, but it looks like you have to look at a zombie dragon at night or it won't work. (It just shows you a gravestone during the day.) I'll have to unlock it later! :)

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (October 23, 2014 at 6:01 PM).

• I unlocked every dragon sprite. Only things I´m still missing are the event dragon eggs, blue and green Dino egg and the Frill and Bright Pink egg , of course.

Unlocking the additional info on some (currently 38 breeds) dragon's page is quite tedious. For some breeds you have to observe, aka click, an insanely amount of adults or hatchlings (180 ND hatchies for example 8| ).
    I haven´t read all the info yet. If you want too get spoiled, PM me and I can send you the information. ;)

• Er, yes, I clicked yesterday and today almost the whole day. :rolleyes: I guess that´s the advantage of being sick at home...

I´m not done yet, and won´t be for some time, with the ND hatchies, though. I only got 51 and would need 149 more. :S

Does someone have some Sunrise hatchies on their scroll? I still need 11. :P

• Yeah, I spent... an inordinate amount of time clicking. :) My main goal was to unlock the adults on the first page. I also cleared up the adult sprites of all of the rares (frills, metallics, bright pinks, tinsels, shimmers, holidays, etc.) from the dragon pages. I haven't done the commons yet; I figure I can do most of those with my own dragons, and I can raise a few AP dragons to clear some others. That's probably how I'll clear MOST of the hatchling sprites; getting eggs from the AP or breeding the rarer ones for myself.

94911.pngKokpD.gif