Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• If those people don´t like how EATW works now, then they shoud just not use it...
    I also don´t like how TJ treats that matter. He just trys to keep it under wraps. And all that thread-deleting-and-locking seems very arbitrarily to me....

btw, did exterminans change something? I suddenly get a lot fewer views than some days before. Even if I put an egg with 4d3h or 4d in the hatchery it gains views very slowly, when it should get as much views as possibly to hatch. :huh:

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Mine have gotten enough to hatch. I've been grabbing CBs from the AP recently. (There seem to be a lot of them there - commons, but I'm trying to catch up on those because I never bothered getting many of them before.) Yeah, I have to sift through lots with terrible lineages, but it's worth it to get a couple of CBs that will hatch in 3-4 hours. :) But I do post to multiple hatcheries, not just EAtW.

It's possible that TJ changed some coding specifically to spike Exterminas' wheels. I don't know how possible that is, so it's just speculation. But maybe that's why you aren't getting as many views now.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

My Garden - My Dragon Cave Scroll

• I´m also grabbing a lot of CBs (and nice lineaged) eggs from the AP. Terraes mostly... to increasy my army. :D And I´m permanently hatchie-locked nowadays. :whistling: Here´s one I grabbed yesterday http://dragcave.net/lineage/l810P :love:
    Terraes need more views to hatch, but still. Even an egg that´s long an ER doesn´t get enough views to hatch immediatly now. I have to use an additional ER...

I wonder how my ND experiments will work out tomorrow. ^^

• I have a nice lineaged (stairstep) bronze shimmer that's my first successful breeding from the bronze shimmer that tawanda (I think) gave me from here. I'm offering it to anyone here that would like it. I have it as a two-way trade to make sure no random person takes it. I would like (but don't demand) any of the new copper dragons (I didn't manage to get any of them the day they released, and have yet to see any drop since then), or a silver or gold shimmer. If you don't have any of those, no worries - just offer a random AP egg and let me know it's you and what you're offering. You'll need to have your scroll unhidden (I think) so I can verify it's you. :)

I'm returning the love that was given me. I hope we can all get shimmers and rares this way. :)

Speaking of which, does anyone need a gold or silver? I don't have any bred right now, but I can attempt to breed mine again if anyone wants one. They don't have nice lineages, but the dragons themselves are beautiful enough that I personally don't care. :)

Make an offer! Gone!

94911.pngKokpD.gif

Edited once, last by MiaSkywalker (June 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM).

• Thank you, Kintara! :)

Yes, that's what I'm hoping - I'm going to keep breeding the shimmer every chance it's available for breeding, and offer the eggs here until everyone has one. There's no reason everyone can't get one of each dragon at least!

And if anyone is looking for any other dragon types (trio, metallic, nebula, whatever) just ask for it here. I'm sure someone would be happy to breed one for you. ^^

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• I kept waiting for the EATW thread to be unlocked so that I could post there how much I like the change X( It sucks that TJ acted like that, the deleting of the thread is really stupid e_e
    I have also noticed that ER eggs now take longer to hatch compared to a few days ago, If it's TJ's doing he's really a jerk -_-
    I barely post in the DC forum anymore, there's a lot of users there that think they are co-owners of the site or something and keep mini-modding and just being rude to everyone T_T
    I now only use EATW, except for ER eggs today, they have been taking longer and I am too impatient XP

• All the eggs, regardless if ER or not, hardly get any views now. TJ definitely did something. :S
    I can´t use EATW all alone now. And I suppose my ND experiments tonight are screwed...

Edited once, last by idril (June 25, 2013 at 9:14 AM).

• His get sick all the time, but they never die. It's probably breaking the rules, but when he gets the new eggs and uses them in the news thread, they're going to get sick because of all the curiosity views they get. He has to do something or they'll always die. I don't hold that against them; he's the admin, and he can do a few things like that. But bitching because a fan site figured out good math? That's just being petty.

94911.pngKokpD.gif

• Threads like this one are a great reminder of of why I don't hang around these forums much and also of what I didn't like about DC from the start (at the beginning they even made a fuss when things like 'which eggs gives you which dragons' were mentioned :wacko: )

I'd like to trade this black rose for another black with same-colour parents!

• Well I like this thread. We can say what we can't (or would be flamed for) on DC because we're not worshipping TJ but apart from that it's mainly about giving eggs. sometimes rare, for free without ridiculous trading conditions. Also we can help each other if we want it in events -like last Valentines. Some posters must have spent hours sending flowers.

• I think when Kelandra said "threads like this" she meant the one that was on the DC forum, not the one here.

I agree with you, blobber. People here are MUCH friendlier than on DC. DC people tend to be snobs. It seems like the only types of eggs anyone will agree to trade for are CB or very low gen (when prize dragons). It's like people think they're better than everyone else, that they deserve lower gen dragons than everyone else. The hubris and arrogance astounds me.

I also don't see why EAtW is even breaking TOS; I just don't see why figuring out the formulae is considered to be against TOS. I understand HOW it's breaking TOS, I just don't understand WHY TJ has it that it's against TOS. I think it's stupid and overly possessive. TJ: "This site is MINE, and everything can only be MY way." Very immature and childish.

94911.pngKokpD.gif