• Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to have a site option for dates. Right now it says on a plant's page:

History 02/09/13
    Taken by ZaphodBeeblebrox.

to me, this reads as Second of September in 2013.

for earlier plants there migt be something like 10/4/11
    that could even easily read as 2010, March 11th!

What I'm getting at is that having the date in the middle is very confusing, and it would be good if Flowergame either; a) had an option to set how we like it, or b) could switch to a less confusing date-format.

1087615.png1084843.png1081016.png1082366.png 91550.png4569.png2796.png3297.png2830.png

oh! Thank you Yogamupfel 37396.png

• It's the American format and it throws me a bit too.
    I agree a dd/mm/yy option would be nice.

I would also like the option as we use the dd/mm/yy option down here as well and my rapidly ageing brain sometimes has trouble switching between the two. :P

• We also use dd/mm/yy but now some are using dd/mmm/yy so not so much confusion living close to the USA, so I don't know what else and our spelling is also different for certain words, examples: colour, cheque, centre, neighbour, the proper spelling of words is getting lost over time

• I wonder if the framework the site is on (or the server or both) originate in the U.S. and that's why the date and spellchecker conform to United States standards of "correctness". Perhaps it is beyond the staff's control.

• I wonder if the framework the site is on (or the server or both) originate in the U.S. and that's why the date and spellchecker conform to United States standards of "correctness". Perhaps it is beyond the staff's control.

It's just that we chose en/us as the default language for English speakers because it appeared to be the largest solid group, same as we choose de/de for German speakers. The situation with the dates is a little awkward since many of you use the site on English, yet you live in a timezone and you are used to date formats which do not match the language you have selected. We are probably going to completely separate date format and timezone from the selected language.