• I am trying to get rid of question marks and have several plants I have more than one of. I only need one of each variant (or 2 if there is only one version), so I'd like to list them with a link to my compendium so that people can see what I need. However, I strongly suspect, as there doesn't seem to be any identification, that the link would only take you to your own compendium.
    Could someone follow the link and confirm this please? (or hopefully, deny :D )
    http://flowergame.net/compendium

• The directory /compendium needs the logged in User. Test: Do logout. Then open the board and use here the link. It's the same as the compendium-link in your garden. It will bring you to the login-page.

Near the same is to use a garden link. Try to open an other garden, examply http://flowergame.net/garden/1048. You are not the owner, it will show you the login page.

Otherwise a link to a greenhouse ever you can use without any login. You can test it: http://flowergame.net/greenhouse/286.

So it is. Some rules we cannot see in the sourcees. It is written behind.

You can show the link to your greenhouse.

[align=center]

• It would also be great from a gifting perspective. If, for instance, I felt like giving a flower as a present to someone, and they don't have a wish list anywhere and haven't asked for something specific, what I have to do right now is go and look through their greenhouse, atrium, and winter garden and try to figure out what they don't have. Depending on the size of their gardens, that could take a long time and I might not even get it right. If I could just look for question marks in their compendium, that would tell me in a matter of seconds "this person doesn't have any orange crocuses, so I can offer them one of my extras as a gift."

• Exactly why I wanted to do it Ardath. (see 1st post) It would also have saved me listing what I don't have - haven't got round to that yet. :)
    Even if you couldn't go directly, it could be part of the garden - like you can go to peoples' atriums and wintergardens.

Could someone move this to suggestions, please? :)

• I use a flower from your sig and can visit now all your houses, if you there have placed one flower. If I want to give a needed flower to a new gardener, I do a look in his greenhouse. So I see all spezies and all variants. What I need, I have. Some time I've done so.

The compendium does not say, how many pices a user has from a variant. Again, I do a look into his greenhouse.

Perhaps you wants an other spezial? Then I did not undertsand. I think, all is good.

[align=center]

• Some players do not have all their plants in the greenhouse, they have it set so that they don't show if they are planted out but it doesn't really matter how many of a variant a person has, in the compendium you can see what they DON'T have.

• Oh yes, that's the point. I look in all players houses and see, what there is planted. Fresh players have not other houses. They are my first targets for sending extra gifts. But who does more things... :)

You can place your idea to suggest. Perhaps it will come? ^^

[align=center]

• I think its better if the people talk to each other at the trading section at this board instead of looking at the compendium. The main target of the compendium is that a user can see which plants he already has found and which versions he already found. If now every one can access your compendium they see all the texts for every planed without searching for the plants by them self. So if we enable the compendium so it can be viewed by everyone a main gameplay element gots lost. The finding of plants to get some more Details about them.

• But everyone can already see all the variations in the thread in the forum if they wish. Perhaps we could have instead of the compendium a "wish list" that everyone could see. That would have the advantage that we could list the number of each we'd like as well (some people want two or three of each color variation of each plant, for instance). And us independent types that want the challenge of collecting all ourselves could leave our wishlist blank.

• I think that is a much more useful idea froglady :thumbup: especially for those amongst us who do not want/require all the plant types that are available. Another thing to consider is that once you have found/acquired a plant it will always show up as being present in the compendium whether or not the player has retained that particular plant.