Rose Breeders' Club: Let's find those elusive breed-only variants :)

• It is already confirmed that there are at least eight variants of rose, and some of them can only be obtained by breeding. This makes the rose very unique, as it is probably the flower with most color variants, and the only "regular" (non-event) plant with bred-only varieties. I thought we could collect all our bred roses in this thread to see the new variants as soon as they grow up. After that we could use the thread for swapping :)
    If you breed your roses or find a bred rose in someone's garden, please post it here, and I will add it to our rose garden :)
    Also a thought for the future: if cross-breeding is introduced and we get a possibility to view lineages, this could be the place to share your breeding projects. Roses seem perfect for this purpose because they have so many variants. Just imagine these beautiful lineages :)

THE ROSE GARDEN WILL BE CLOSED AFTER THE FIRST BREEDER REPORTS HAVING OBTAINED ALL VARIANTS (NO MORE QUESTION MARKS FOR ROSE IN THEIR COMPEDIUM).
    Yes, I'd love to add new ones indefinitely, but sooner or later we will hit the character limit for one post, and our garden will start causing loading problems for slower computers.
    The garden will stay to advertise our Club though :)

So, here are the BRED ROSES we have found so far:

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

Edited 36 times, last by lorimmel (July 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM).

• Quite a good idea, BUT I don't think we should add other people's plants without THEIR permission.

Here's my rose:

Hmmm... You might be right, agajol, but honestly I don't know. Unlike Dragon Cave, overviews cannot do any harm to the seeds or ruin someone's neglected experiment. But sure, if anyone minds I will certainly remove their rose from the garden :)
    By the way, all added guys :)

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• Plans on larger breeding projects?

I might have something for that: http://flowergame.net/lineage/62163 (Not a rose, but one of the plants with realy long lineages)

Still a prototype and will undergo some changes and is not yet accessible from other pages but it shows the concept. For now you can try it, by replacing the number in the URL with one of your plants number.

• Oh wow, this is so cool! :D :thumbup:
    Are the tiny images below the distant ancestors of the plant?
    If this is introduced, big breeding projects will be very rewarding indeed :D

• Yes, the tiny images are distant ancestors (which wouldn't have fitted into to the page anymore) and dotted lines below those tiny images indicate, that there are even more ancenstors in that specific line.

In case the lines don't show up: Press ctrl+F5

• Plans on larger breeding projects?

I might have something for that: http://flowergame.net/lineage/62163 (Not a rose, but one of the plants with realy long lineages)

Still a prototype and will undergo some changes and is not yet accessible from other pages but it shows the concept. For now you can try it, by replacing the number in the URL with one of your plants number.

Wow! How cool is that?! ^^ Thanks or sharing that with us, Exterminans!

I did my marvel fern.

Lori, I will post my breed roses here - I just wanted you to know I wanted to join in the Rose Breeder's Club! :thumbup:

• Yay, this will be SO MUCH FUN! :D
    We can start immediately, it's already posiible to view lineages! :) :love:
    Welcome to the club, Tru *tackleglomps* :D
    By the way, I have a parentless orange rose that I would like to swap for or .
    Anyone interested?TRADED, THANK YOU! :) :love:

Edited 2 times, last by lorimmel (July 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM).

• Agajol, Kintara, Bajka20 - all roses added to the rose garden :)

Lorimmel - I have a little light pink rose that I can trade for your orange one. Its parentless but has still breeded

Kintara, sent you a PM with link :) Thank you :love:

• Added :) We have two sprouts already, soon we will see the new variants :D
    Also, D'angelline, very cool idea to breed same variants together. I wanted to do the same, but I had only one pair (orange) :love:
    I'm thinking about a breeding project where each generation is a separate color. This would look cool :D