How do I learn German?/wie erlerne ich Deutsches?

• I'm trying to lean German for multiple reasons. I'm not really sure where to start, though. I have an English to German dictionary and that's all. It's not the most helpful thing right now, as I don't understand German sentence structure or much else. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are books or recordings better for beginners to learn from? I know that kids' books are useful when you're learning...does anyone know of a store that sells German kids' books or German cartoons?
    ---
    Ich versuche, Deutsches aus mehrfachen Gründen zu lehnen. Ich bin nicht wirklich sicher, wo man, zwar beginnt. Ich habe Englisch zum deutschen Wörterbuch und alles das ist. Es ist nicht die nützlichste Sache im Augenblick, da ich nicht deutsche Satzstruktur oder viel sonst verstehe. Hat jemand irgendwelche Vorschläge? Sind Bücher oder Aufnahmen damit Anfänger besser, von erlernen? Ich weiß dass kids' Bücher sind wenn you' nützlich; das Relernen… tut jedermann wissen von einem Speicher, der deutsches kids' verkauft; Bücher oder deutsche Karikaturen?

I speak English. I do not know how to speak German, so I use a translator. I am sorry if it's hard to understand the translation./ Ich spreche Englisch. Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen, also benutze ich einen Übersetzer. Es tut mir leid, wenn es schwierig ist, die Übersetzung zu verstehen.

• Als Einheimischer wird man eher nicht wissen, über welche Quellen man deutsch lernen kann.Die eigene Sprache lernt man ja bereits als Pampers-Rocker. :P Googeln kann weiter helfen. "deutsch für ausländer" wäre eine einfache Grundeingabe. Über "deutsche grammatik für ausländer" habe ich als erstes entdeckt: http://www.mein-deutschbuch.de/lernen.php. Es scheinen weitere nützliche Treffer zu folgen.

Nun ja, vielleicht hilft das ein wenig weiter? Mir geht es ja beim Englisch äquavilent. Mit Schulenglisch, Oxford, sprachen-unbegabt, die Sprache sehr lang gar nicht benötigt, es dauerte lange, und es wird noch lange dauern, bis mein Englisch zumindest für einfache Kommunikation brauchbar ist. Neben dem Vokabular sind durchaus Satzformen je nach Situation und vor allem Redewendungen das Handicap. Vor allem wird aber american-englisch benötigt. Doch die Übersetzer sind auf Oxford und vor allem recht weltfremd aufgebaut. Hier im Forum versuche ich vom Satzbau her so zu sprechen, dass die Übersetzer gut damit zurecht kommen sollten. Aber ich sehe, das klappt gar nicht. Die Gegenperspektive, wer weiß, wie man englisch schreibt, damit sich eine verstehbare Übersetzung ins Deutsche ergeben soll?
    google-Translator: As a local you will probably not know which sources you learn German kann.Die own language is learned already as Pampers rockers. :P Googling may help. "German for foreigners"would be a simple basic input. About "German grammar for foreigners", I discovered first: http://www.mein-deutschbuch.de/lernen.php . There seem to follow more useful results.

Well, maybe that helps a little further? I am doing so in English äquavilent. With school English, Oxford, said, untalented, not needed at all the language very long, it took a long time and it will take until at least my English is useful for easy communication. In addition to the vocabulary quite set forms, depending on the situation, and above all the phrases handicap. Above all, required-american but english. But the translators are on Oxford and especially built quite unrealistic. Here in the forum, I try to speak of her sentence structure that the translators are well able to cope should. But I see that does not work. The opposite perspective, who knows how to write English, so that should give an understandable translation into German?

[align=center]

• Thank you, Aztekior!
    --
    Danke, Aztekior!

I speak English. I do not know how to speak German, so I use a translator. I am sorry if it's hard to understand the translation./ Ich spreche Englisch. Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen, also benutze ich einen Übersetzer. Es tut mir leid, wenn es schwierig ist, die Übersetzung zu verstehen.

• Hello SnowPlow,

some suggestions:

• At Amazon.com you can find german kid books. Look at translated books which you already know in englisch.
    • If you have films on dvd look the german synchronisation (at the beginning with englisch subtitles, or if you know the film well in englisch without subtitles). This is usefull to get a feeling for the language rythm.
    • The englisch and german word order is similar. If you have time, translate your sentences word for word. (I like this online dictionary: http://dict.leo.org)
    • This site have some excercises for german gramar: http://www.deutsch-lernen.com/learn-german-o…ers/summary.php
    • The really best way to learn a language is speaking it. ;) If you have friends who speak german try to speak german tell them you want to learn it.

• Having learnt both languages (I'm Polish, so neither English nor German is my native language) I must say that German is much easier than English. It may seem hard at the beginning, when you have all those things that are different from English (like noun gender, different verb forms that depend on the subject) but then it gets a lot easier.
    From my point of view as a teacher - why don't you get one of those self-study books (I don't know any English ones but I'm sure there are a lot of them)? A book where you have some grammar (preferably explained in English), some vocabulary, some reading and some listening. They are really helpful.

• Thank you, Alia and Nisha :D I found a computer program that is teaching me. It's not as hard as I thought it would be, but I'm still having some trouble remembering everything and I can't speak it. Still, it's progress. I'm really excited because I can understand the basic idea of what some people are saying on here.
    ---
    Danke, Alia und Nisha  :D Ich fand ein Computerprogramm, das mich unterrichtet. Es ist nicht so hart, wie ich dachte, dass es sein würde, aber ich noch etwas Mühe an alles erinnernd habe und ich es nicht sprechen kann. Noch ist es Fortschritt. Ich bin wirklich aufgeregt, weil ich verstehen kann die Grundidee von, was einige Leute an hier sagen.