Posts by MiaSkywalker

One of the admins implied that the other colors might be obtainable only by breeding, so getting multiple Christmas Roses in the wild won't get you the additional colors. Or at least one of the colors is available breed only; if there are several, I don't know how many of them might be found in the wild.

I still haven't managed to breed a black rose, and those have been out for a while, so breeding is hit and miss at times. It's fun working for them, though. :)

I'm still stuck with page 6, a bit help please?
    Note: put everything like answers or hints in spoiler tags

This one takes several steps.

Display Spoiler

First off, google the word. Look for a definition that fits the hint.

Display Spoiler

Second, google what's on the hatter's hat

Display Spoiler

Next, google the values of each

And yes, I deliberately put spoilers within spoilers. That way you can choose exactly how much you want to see. :)

I don't give the answers, just hints. But they're pretty big hints, I think.

Actually, it does. It's the title of the chess proble.

Wki

Note: put everything like answers or hints in spoiler tags

Well, yes, but you don't really NEED to know that.

Display Spoiler

If you google the "word" that you get from the hint, along with the word "chess", the answer pops up. You don't need to know anything about chess; I certainly don't.

Change the HTML page name to the answer. For instance, the first page is:
    http://riddlex.com/alice/brillig/start.htm

So whatever the answer to the first problem, you change the word "start" to that word.

For example, let's say the answer was "fish". (It isn't, btw.)

You would change the URL in your browser to:

http://riddlex.com/alice/brillig/fish.htm

On the opening page, if you clicked on the link to the rules, it explains that. There are other hints on that page as well; you might want to take a look at that page.

They come in waves. I think all of the seeds do that, it's just that it isn't as noticeable when it isn't during an event, because we don't have everyone hunting the same seeds. Wait a few minutes and some will be there. I've never had to wait more than five or ten minutes, I think, although I don't know for sure how it's programmed.

I was able to breed some Stars just now, and technically it's after New Year's. (I think Germany is ahead of the U.S., right?) So I guess it hasn't cut off yet. Thank goodness, because my first batch got only the previous years' Stars, and I'd like at least one of the new ones.

How long are the Lucky Clovers going to be available? I've searched the posts, and not found one that gave a time frame for those, but maybe I missed that information somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Oops, missed that post somehow (comes of not getting any sleep!) so didn't notice that the date was posted right here! Until the 13th of this month for Lucky Clovers. Good! I have time still! :)

Is it possible to have different variants of one plant in one's garden?

Yes, definitely. You can have multiples of any variety of any breed, and have every variety of every breed in your garden. You might want to look at the gardens of a few people who have been in the game for a long time (the number of months one has been a forum member is NOT always an indication of how long someone has been playing the game, but at least it gives a minimum), and see what varieties those people have. It will give you a better idea. :)

Well, I think this forum is the FRIENDLIEST that I have ever been on. I lurk on a few forums that I refuse to post on because the people there are downright MEAN. One of them I still lurk on because people are informative, but if you aren't one of the "in crowd" people are apt to jump on you for all sorts of moronic things. (Yet if a regular posts about the same thing, people will answer nicely.) And in that place, just forget it if you aren't a native English speaker, because all these people will jump on you for any misspellings or mistakes in grammar, rather than answering your question.

Here, people are nice, and it doesn't matter how obvious your question may seem to someone, you will get an answer. Because even if your question seems obvious to someone else, it isn't obvious to the asker, or he/she wouldn't be asking! :)

I've looked for threads like that... I've found a couple, but it seems that the waiting lists are always full. I don't really have the time to devote to a site like this most of the year; I work, plus I go to school almost full time. That means I have a really busy schedule. I'm devoting almost every waking hour that I am not in class or at work, to studying, so I can't haunt the threads waiting for an opening. So, trying to grab a place when there's an opening... probably not going to happen until I finish this degree.

I can live with it. I'm not one of those who cries when I can't get every dragon. I like the way the gold dragon looks now; I didn't like the way it used to look. Ironically, I think that way back when the golds were first released I had the opportunity to grab a few on the AP, but back then I didn't know they were rare (and I didn't like how the adults looked), and as I had just started at DC, I didn't realize there might be an issue getting them later. Oh well. :)