Posts by MiaSkywalker

I was just thinking the same thing. I understand that the admins are german, but the opening post was in English, and so even the person who started the topic would now have no idea what decisions are being made. :(

I just bred a couple as well. Means a few more people will be able to find seeds, although they won't be parentless. Wish I had more white clovers, then I could have bred some more for people. Of course, there are people like Aztekior, who think no one should ever breed seeds and abandon them, even if they are event flowers, because after all, it's better not to have any than to have one with parents. :rolleyes:

I think they may have done it because they might not like their name in the history of the plants. For instance, one of my current seeds was picked up by someone else, then apparently abandoned again. Some people are picky about having a seed with someone else's name in the history, or with their own name in the history for a plant owned by someone else. I've seen it mentioned on forums in the past. I think it's a bit foolish, but there you have it.

I think that's an excellent idea. I tend to breed event plants right before the event ends, so more people might be able to have seeds (and there might be seeds still in the wild for a day or so after the event ends, that way, for a few lucky people). But I do think some people trash seeds that have parents, and that's sad.

A nursery idea is very good. I don't know if it should be used for anything other than event plants though; I doubt anyone is going to take a regular seed from there, if they can always get it from the wild garden. But maybe that won't matter, if it can be scrolled through the way the current wild garden can be.

One of the mods said when they were added, that doing one of the active options - picking it up, or chasing it off - will speed up that plant's growing process by a couple of hours. That means you can ignore the snails, and your plants will take exactly 4 days (as in - 96 hours) to get from seed to sprout, and again from sprout to full grown. But if you pick the snails off, or chase them away, you speed it up slightly each time.

I forgot. What to do in page 12 with all those 8-digit numbers?

Display Spoiler

Just remember - many of the riddles lead to letters you can anagram.

A really good anagram solver

Other things I found very helpful while solving these puzzles:
    Hex to ASCII converter
    Lewis Carroll's Wikipedia entry
    And of course Google

And yes, I know I didn't give you any DIRECT hints, but there's a hint in that spoiler, if you look closely. ;)

There's a second Alice puzzle that was posted within the last year, also. It's non-linear, and extremely difficult. A couple of the riddles I know kind of what I'm supposed to do with them, but I still can't solve them. And frankly, I've got a few other things keeping me busy for a bit, so I probably won't really work on them seriously for at least a week or so.

If you're curious about the second puzzle, you can get to the Mad Tea Party here.

Oh, irony - just found the site that both of the puzzles were linked FROM. There are hints in a thread on that site from people who were working those puzzles before. So if there aren't enough hints on this thread, you can go here, at least for the second puzzle. I'll betcha anything there's a thread somewhere on that site for the first puzzle, but I didn't come across it in my web searches.

You will always have more plants than pots; you have to pick and choose which plants will use the pots.

The chair and the table are for the Winter Garden. Not sure when that opens up for players.

I'm still in page 12--> A bit help? This is the Croquet Match. I actually solved the Mad Hatter Problem (Why is he mad) on my own but how come I can't answer easier ones such as this? Aaargh! *angry with self* :cursing:

Thanks for your help guys!

That was an odd one; I think I only figured it out because of what I'm getting my second degree in.

Display Spoiler

Think computers. If that doesn't help:

Display Spoiler

Count the number of numbers per line. What sort of computer related item uses that many digits/characters to form a unit?

If that doesn't help

Display Spoiler

How do you eat something, and then spell it differently (and google that word)

Unfortunately, I don't know how to give a better hint without giving it away. At least to me, that would be giving it away. If you're REALLY having trouble (or don't know

Display Spoiler

computer programming

that well) PM me and I'll give a bigger hint. I don't want to post more on the forum, though.

Display Spoiler

Lol...that is funny. OK, I took a mirror to my laptop and this time I came up with hehwed, which still doesn't make any sense or work. I bet it's something so obvious and here I am not being able to get it! :pinch:

Display Spoiler

Ok, you have the third and fourth letters wrong, the others are right. Try again. I'll bet you just didn't mirror them properly. :)

Display Spoiler

Order them. Low to high price value? But I'm not getting anywhere.

Kimi, you're on 19 then?

Display Spoiler

You've got the idea right - order them low to high value. But then you need to:

Display Spoiler

Look at the second jpg. The numbers/letters on those are on the BACKS of the stamps, in the original order of the stamps.

Display Spoiler

It's really THESE numbers that need to be put in the order of the stamps' values. Erm... I don't think I'm explaining that very well. Then what you do with those numbers is:

Display Spoiler

Convert them. Like you've done to some of the other letter/number combos we've done in previous puzzles. :)

Edit:

Display Spoiler

Btw... if it helps in ordering them, do a View Source. Look at the comments in the code.

Display Spoiler

OK, I come up with "fifwij" which doesn't make any sense and also doesn't work. Any more help?....please? (I feel so needy! LOL)

LOL! You did what I did at first; I can tell by the letters you have. :)

Display Spoiler

You need to use the item she's looking into FIRST, before decoding the letters. Look at the scrap of paper "in" that item, then use THAT image to decode.

Now I'm stuck on 20. Anyone complete this yet?

Edit: Btw, if anyone needs help solving a riddle, just ask and I (and others, I'm sure) will be happy to help. I looked, and I don't think there are any forums left out there that give hints on this. There used to be, but the owner shut it down due to spam.

Hmm...I still can't get it. And I've tried lots of words. ?( ?( ?( I don't even know what to google. Why would you have to search for something? Help! :S

Display Spoiler

What's the TITLE of the picture? (It's written underneath the picture itself) That's what she's looking into.

Display Spoiler

Now, what kind of "text" is on the scrap of paper? (Yes, it IS text.)

Display Spoiler

Google the name of that type of text to find a page that shows that alphabet, and then compare to the scrap of paper