Is the Yellow Crocus "bred only" ?

• Greetings, fellow gardeners !

Spring is in full bloom in this part of the world, and back when it sent its first tiny messengers I started the project of adding all kinds of Crocuses to my garden. As parentless plants, so I could breed them later.
    About two or three months later now, 22 beautiful Croscus plants are flowering in my garden. They are white and orange and all kinds of violet. But where are the yellow ones ? Is it coincidence, sheer bad luck, an evil curse some dark witch threw on my enchanted garden - or is the yellow variant simply only obtainable by breeding ?
    Does anyone own one or more parentless yellow crocuses ? Or is it time for another raising experiment to bring the wiki up to date ?

Chevalier de Lis

• Thank you for solving the mystery, Bluheart.
    So it is just a matter of luck and persistence. Very well, then, persist I shall ! ;)
    And I have the same goal regarding my compendium - getting at least one of each plants by myself. The best of luck to the both of us, then !

• With luck you will get one now that we have discussed it. Since I complained about my problem with the White Crocus, my last round bloomed one1 I'm ecstatic! :D I grew 19 and finally got one. I guess it really is just a matter of persistence, or in my belief, just as soon as I complain about something, it works! :rolleyes:

Now if I could only find some Tulip bulbs I could continue on my hunt for that one last elusive color.

Good luck!

• With luck you will get one now that we have discussed it. Since I complained about my problem with the White Crocus, my last round bloomed one1 I'm ecstatic! :D I grew 19 and finally got one. I guess it really is just a matter of persistence, or in my belief, just as soon as I complain about something, it works! :rolleyes:
    Good luck!

That happens all the time to me. As soon as I complain/ rant about something I don't seem to get, shortly after I'm lucky and I suddenly get it. Happend just this week on DC: I was complaining about not finding a pair of CB Almandines and a few trading attempts failed. After I wrote about it on another forum to my friends, one friend managed to trade one for me and a few days later I catched one by myself. 8o
    Ranting helps!

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Well, if this isn't spooky.
    There was a draught of some types of seeds in the wild garden, with the crocus among them. It was mentioned in another thread and the seeds returned. The first one I picked up grew up today:

It was the 23rd try to get one.

I guess there was a curse after all, but the vow to quest on against all odds broke it. ;)

• YAY! :thumbup: I'm so glad you finally got one! Yes, I was the one reporting the lack of certain seeds. I am still on the search for my missing Tulip and Hyacinth. I'm also missing some roses but that will come in time. With those three seeds falling in the wild garden now I have a better chance of getting what I'm missing.

At least you and I know we will have a long here without boredom! :D