• I saw others make threads about other pet collecting games and saw no one has mentioned Sylestia yet. Anyone here who plays? If so I'm Savynn over there as well.

http://www.sylestia.com/

For those who don't know about it, it's a game still in beta that combines rpg with pet collecting and breeding. Eventually, there'll be at least ten regions but it's two regions unlocked right now both with a dungeon each along with other areas to fight. Supposedly the town in the third region will be opened up soon that will have an arena. There's 11 different species so far. When you join you're given a starter that's epic quality. Epics have four genoytpe points that you can put into different traits. By making a trait shown you use up 2 points. If you make a trait carried you use 1 point. You can obtain more sylesties (the pets in the game) by capturing with nets, finding eggs or hatchlings in the wild, buying from other players, using essences found various ways, or by breeding based on Mendelian inheritance. I should mention though that when you use an essence to create a pet that the colors don't necessarily come out quite like planned. It's supposed to provide more of a challenge for breeding. I'll warn that breeding can be time consuming. It takes roughly 27 days to go from egg to adult. Oh and there's also avatars that can be dressed up. It's become a part that I really started to enjoy.

Also, if anyone does join and has any questions just let me know. I usually have pets set for 1 gold that are always looking for homes. (1 gold is the lowest it can be set.) I'd also like to stress that it's really good to use up all four of those genotype points you can use with the starter even if you only want one trait shown because there's a strong chance you might regret it later for breeding purposes. I made that mistake myself. I almost forgot to mention that pets need to be genetically tested to know what they have (but you can breed them and find out over time). I think there's eventually going to be one time use genetic testers that can be bought from later towns but I have a permanent one from the diamond shop. I'd be willing to test for free so long as I've got spare time. It's not usually too hard to find someone who'll test for free but there's also those who'll do so as a little business. Also, if anyone joins and wants to refer me my referral ID is 40F7C01F4189510031AD. The referral system is a bit complicated but you can get certain bonuses from it for up to 5 ranks.

Earn 1% More Gold and Experience from Battles per Rank
    Nurturing has a 5% Chance per Rank to Reward an Additional Scale
    Bred Egglings Begin at an Additional 2 Incubation per Rank

I didn't really get into any battling advice I realize. There's many different ways to play the game but to be able to access all species it's best to level somehow. Certain species can only be found in specific regions. It's been a while but I think you start with one pet to fight with. In the first town you can buy a second spot. And I think it's right before the first dungeon you can go buy your third battle spot for a total of three pets. By this point instead of one enemy to fight there'll be three so this is very useful. Tanks should go in the middle spot because whichever pet is in the middle will be attacked most often. There's two different trees for tanks, shadow and earth. Each has it's benefits but I've really been enjoying using a shadow tank. It takes some levels to unlock certain abilities but at a certain point there's a chance for siphoned which return a bit of health. It can add up. I also like using a Light pet for healing. Speaking of health it's good to put some proficiency points into health for every pet. I used at least 5 points for mine that I battle with. I've also been meaning to eventually level my earth tank the rest of the way. At lvl 60 I can give it the ability to taunt multiple enemies and I'm curious how that'll compare. The level cap is currently 60.

There's tons more info I could give but it'd get far too long. There's guides to all sorts of things in the forum and I'd be happy to help.

Edited once, last by Savynn (March 27, 2013 at 7:19 AM).