Garden Assistant/Guardian Feature

• I was thinking, how lovely all the fairies and sprites are, and how beautiful the site design is. So I came with this idea: Why not to have a garden Assistant/Guardian ? Magical creatures, that ranges from faries, pixies, satyrs, gnomes, and so on. It's a very fresh idea but I think can be worked out? Well Each garden can only have one guardian/assistant.

To hire/summon one, you need to have a certain number of points.

For exemple:

• Pixie - 10 points
    • Fairy - 20 Points
    • Gnome - 30 points

And going on! The points may be aquired by raising the flowers to adulthood (each adult flower grants you one point) or by playing minigames. The assistant/guardian will inform you when a plant grows, if a plant is missing water (when it's around one drop or three), he may also takes notes of how many people may have visited your gardens or some other good functions that could come by.

I could go a little far and think about choosing colors for each, or personalities (like the Pixies) but then it would be needed further tought.

Well, what you guys think?

• Well, like I said, they could keep information of the garden, besides being a new feature.
    They could tell you about your plants development, and in fact, I tought about they could also be trained to take care of your garden in some special way.
    But it must be a way it don't take the idea of watering your plants and getting clicks out.
    Like, the more your Guardian/Assistant is trained the more he'll be able to perfom some kind of thing, or even unlock a special feature.
    I'd go further on suggesting what kind of things they would be able to perform or unlock, but that must also matches what the developers or other site players think too.
    Like, special kinds of flowers only the guardians can summon.
    Or even so, why not to think that they could be trained to build more kinds of garden decorations or spaces, like adding fountains or fences?
    I think it would add more interaction with the game, besides raising your flowers, they could help you to expand the garden ideas .
    For exemple, is your guardian is a Pixie, and it's level 3. It can make Hummingbirds feeder, but to make decorative chairs, it must be level 7.
    The guardian/assistant appearence may be just a personal choose, some people likes pixies more, others likes gnomes more, other prefer satyrs, other nymphs. But in the end they can have the same learning scale, you know?
    Well about being displayed in the gardens, they could greet uses who take a look on your infos, since they're guardians/assistants right? They're more like an extra feature than a decoration itself. But, who knows?
    Do you think they'd look nice being if displayed in the gardens?

Edit: I also saw around the forums some people playing with the concept of the flowers giving "drops". That could be used to this idea also. The drops could be used to grant experience to the guardians/assistants or even being the materials used to build/create the decorations! I think it would expand the idea of only growing flowers, but also making the whole gardens decorated with the dedication of training your assistant/guardian too!

Edited once, last by Apple (June 24, 2012 at 5:37 AM).

• Well, I think it does sound like a neat idea, but to tell the truth, it also sounds like it would make the simple game of Flowergame a little more complicated. And I like the fact that it is simple.

Maybe someone else has something to add...?

• I think Apple means to make a message system to notify you if something is needed in the garden. Different messengers cost different prices.
    I also think Apple is suggesting that each messenger can be upgraded to do extra things, correct?

If I am understanding correctly, it would be....
    Level 1: Messenger emails you if your plants are low on sun/water and you are offline. Also emails you if you have a post pixie arrival and you are not online.
    Level 2: Messenger keeps track of visitors, how long the garden has been around, and other statistics.
    Level 3: Messenger can be displayed as an ornament in your Atrium/Wintergarden where it will give information to visitors.

The idea of "buying" flowers has been shot down, but I could see the messenger being your personal shopkeeper for when the shop is implemented. This would give some customization for the shop.

-------------------------

ch denke, dass Apple bedeutet, machen ein Nachrichtensystem, um Sie zu informieren, wenn etwas im Garten benötigt wird. Verschiedene boten Kosten unterschiedliche Preise.
    Denke ich auch, dass Apple schlägt vor, dass jeder Bote aufgerüstet werden kann, um zusätzliche Dinge richtig zu tun?

Wenn ich richtig Verständnis habe, wäre es....
    Stufe 1: Messenger e-Mails Sie wenn Ihre Pflanzen auf Sonne/Wasser niedrig und Sie offline sind. Auch e-Mails Sie wenn Sie eine Post-Pixie-Anreise und Sie nicht online sind.
    Stufe 2: Messenger verfolgt von Besuchern, wie lange der Garten schon hat und andere Statistiken.
    Stufe 3: Messenger kann als eine Zierde in Ihrem Atrium/Wintergarten angezeigt wo es Informationen für die Besucher geben wird.

Die Idee der "Kauf" Blumen wurden abgeschossen, aber ich konnte sehen, der Bote wird Ihre persönliche Krämer für, wenn der Shop implementiert wird. Dies würde einige Anpassungen für den Shop geben.

:) I am sorry, I do not speak much German. :) Ich spreche nicht viel Deutsch. :)

• lamoxlamae got nice ideas too, indeed!
    I mean, the whole concept may be better worked out, but don't worry, there is nothing about "buying flowers"
    The flowers drop thing I mentioned was more like, something your flowers gives to you, after reaching the adult stage yes?
    But the way it works in a more simple way sounds lovely too, it's a nice idea!