Posts by dustpuppy

I hope there won't be any drama like "you stole my name, give it back!".
    But I think it's still better than the way it used to be, where you lost ALL names after a period of inactivity, even if no one else wanted any of the names, and better than letting a scroll keep all names even if the player hasn't been back for years (I think that's how it was for a while), which was frustrating for all the active players looking for names.
    My favourite solution would be to allow more than one dragon to have the same name, but I can see how that could lead to confusion too...

Is anyone here in the test group that can see in what biome they picked up an egg? I'm not but I can't wait to get that feature, it'll be so helpful with Copper breeding. :D
    I don't think I'll evenr use the name stealing option but it seems like the best compromise between "wipe all names" and "keep all names on inactive scrolls forever". Not sure yet what the encyclopedia will be like or why we'd need it when we have the dragon cave wiki, but we'll see...

i don't know if this was ever suggested before, but i'd like a whole bunch of vegetable plants, like tomatoes,various salats,various cabbages, ect. and of course herbs...perhaps coming along with an simple patch of earth as a new location where we can put the seeds in rows as i do in my real life garden... :)

Oh yes, this, very much this! :D
    Some of these plants also have very pretty blossoms (just think of the potato that was first brought here as a decorative flower before people found out they are edible too) so maybe instead of different colours the variations could be blossoming plant/fruit bearing plant?

Nice photo! I know what I would use the rosemary and thyme for, but what do you use the Lemon Balm in?

More or less he same way you'd use Mint - I mostly use Lemon Balm for tea and desserts (it goes well with any kind of fruit). The tea is said to have a calming effect but it's also very delicious. :D A bit like Mint but less strong and with a very noticable lemony note. You can also use it in wine but I never tried that.

^ Yes! I love the smell of coffee but dislike the taste. I drink a lot of herbal teas, fennel is one of my favourites.
    < Can't decide whether the next book to buy should be a Discworld novel or a Judge Dee mystery... or maybe I should save the money. :S
    > Some flowers/plants can call for help when they are attacked, by releasing chemicals that attract insects who eat the grubs that attack the plant.
    v Probably already knew that.

Or one that I don't know the name of, but starts off with "In form and feature, face and limb, I grew so like my brother, that people mistook me for him, and each for one another." The poem ends with the writer dying, but his brother getting buried in his stead. It's rather a silly poem, which is precisely why I love it. :)

I didn't recognise the first line but when you mentioned one brother getting buried in his brothers place, I remembered. :D Wikipedia to the rescue! It's "The Twins" by Henry Sambrooke Leigh. And it's perfect because all male dragons look like twins!
    Do you have any specific plans for the lineage yet?

The good thing about this event is that there is something for everybody. For me, it's the Eurovision skit from 1987 by Hape Kerkeling. "And here arrre zee results of ze bavarian jury: no points for anybody! Koan oanzign Punkt für so an Schmarrn!" :D

I hope a song wins that has lyrics in the country's native language. A little more diversity on the radio...

I just love the combination Radiant Angel x red Copper. :D Claim my egg! :D

what is ARK?

Acts of Random Kindness. You can nominate people who helped you or did nice things for others and if the person qualifies, they get a badge they can show in their signature. The badge is a gold and white dragon, and there's also a gold star for honorable mentions. I can clearly see why Idril and Shelybear qualified. Congrats! :D