Posts by lorimmel

No, I didn't understand it either, blobber. I think I needed a more thorough explanation. I already knew the number of the seed was in the status bar, but didn't know what to do with it. ZaphodBeeblebox went a little bit more in detail - thanks! I'll try that - but if you are hovering over the seed, couldn't you just click on it instead of putting the url in the address bar? I guess I'm still a little confused. ?(

Tru, if you go to the Wild Garden and hover the mouse over any seed, you will see this at the bottom bar of your browser:

http://flowergame.net/flowers/take/XXXX

XXXX = the number of the seed you are hovering the mouse over.

Now, if someone gives you such a link, you don't have to go to the Wild Garden and refresh. You just copy the link, open a new tab in your browser, paste the link into the address bar and hit enter.
    If you are unlocked, you will find the seed in question in your garden. If you are locked, you will simply get a "too many seeds" message.

For everyone who still cannot complete the Quest, this is how I did it:

Display Spoiler

Part 1 of the letter is in the Wild Garden. Look for a very tiny, very red heart :)
    Part 2 of the letter was in the head graphics saying "Flowergame" (the one that appears on nearly every page of the game), in the top right corner. I found it when I was searching on the Compendium page. It was the most difficult item to find, and I noticed it only when I clicked "F5" for refresh, and it loaded a split second before the rest of the page.
    The honey was in the profile page of my Christmas tree. It was a tiny beige pot at the very bottom, hidden below the border graphics (very close to the advertisement at the bottom of the page). It looks like Winnie the Pooh's honey pot :D
    After finding each item you should go to interact with the Weeping Fairy. Click her, her broken heart, the letter, etc. until she tells you what to do next.
    Hope it helps *waves*

blobber:

You can breed/ find the lucky clover until 13.1.2013. The new variation came in both ways, breed and find.
    The christmas wreath was sold out this year. We will see what the next year brings.

Den Glücksklee könnt ihr bis zum 13.1. züchten. Die neue Variante könnt ihr sowohl züchten als auch im wilden Garten finden.
    Das Weihnachtsgesteck war dieses Jahr ausverkauft. Wir werden sehen, ob es nächstes Jahr wieder im Angebot ist.

It's NOT breed-only, but it CAN be obtained by breeding, too :3

No, not all. But maybe one or two?

Well, it wouldn't work for me. I don't want hollies that used to be water walkers. I want hollies grabbed or traded for in the christmas week, in a magic moment I will remember for years. I will remember the look of christmas tree nearby, the snow outside, and the joy of finally getting it. In my opinion, a water walker holly would be a pathetic fake.

What I really dislike at dragoncave is, that new people can't get the same as people who joined some years ago. I can never have a Frill, a Holly or simply a CB Shadow Walker. And I like them so much! If you can get old flowers only by breeding, it's the same. I don't care so much if a plant is bred or parentless, but for some people it's important. And if they want a parentless variant of everything, they should be able to get it.

This is because Dragon Cave doesn't allow for trading adult dragons. As I already pointed out, Flowergame DOES allow for trading adult plants. That is why a new player will ALWAYS have a chance for getting old variants. Making them rarer won't affect this!

I agree it's a very difficult issue, but I think the idea of recolors (variant change) has two basic flaws:
    1. If it changes the plant into a RANDOM variant, you face the same issue we have now: the odds of getting the desired color are very low, and decreasing with every new variant introduced.
    2. If it changes the plant into the DESIRED variant, you kill virtually ALL the challenge. I'd like to ask any Dragon Cave players here: would you really want to change all your water walker dragons into hollies? Or into CB golds? The idea might be attractive for five minutes, but the feeling of getting a holy grail is completely gone.
    There are also other flaws. You introduced pedigrees (lineages) in the last year. Recoloring plants will undermine this too. What's the use of trying to get a certain pedigree if one random recolor can ruin it all?
    And one more thing - although this may be only my opinion: this somehow doesn't feel "natural". I like my collected creatures to have some "history", and to be associated with certain memories. A history that can be manipulated, changed or even wiped isn't worth much, is it? In my opinion, this would only increase the chaos we are already facing.

I think the best idea would be to give old variants some more trading value by making them rarer or only obtainable by breeding. As the site allows for trading adult plants, new people can always trade for parentless plants (or breed them if they don't care about "parentless"). As it is now, our gardens hold enough old christmas tree variants to give or trade to a whole new generation of players.

Did you forget that some people are collecting parentles flowers? You can't get them by breeding. Other people might want a bred flower and again others want both. It's the same problem. It might (or might not) be a good idea to get new variants only from the wild garden - you can be sure there will be somebody complaining that he must wait a year to get a bred one.

Haha, no, I didn't forget about that, because I'm one of these people :D I like everything parentless or with shortest possible pedigree. I'm not sure if I even LIKE this solution. I just wanted to point out it has nothing to do with Butcherbaby (or anyone else, for that matter) liking or disliking any specific variant.

If you ask me, I'd opt for more seed slots during events + very clear info about the method of getting a particular variant. Then you will still need luck and a fair amount of intelligent planning to get what you want.
    Don't get me wrong, I love riddles and mysteries and challenges, but these would be perfect for stuff one can get all year round. Then experimenting is real fun. As for the events, I have enough deadline-related stress in real life to enjoy it in a game.
    And as for the challenge aspect: counting on sheer luck is no challenge for me. On the other hand, planning everything in a way that gives you optimum results IS a challenge.

And one more thing: I think people don't get frustrated because of bad luck. Bad luck is what it is, lol. They get frustrated about missed opportunities. And this happens when you don't have enough information to make the right decision. Then, after the event, you keep thinking: what if I had done it differently? What if I had known? This is what annoys me. But again, it's only my opinion and no one has be like me, right?

Gruenkern, I think it's not the point. Butcherbaby suggested that old variants should be easily obtainable by BREEDING, while the new ones should be easily obtainable from the WILD GARDEN. Then we would have more control over the results we are getting. If you want an old variant, you breed. If you want a new variant, you go to the Wild Garden and pick up a parentless seed. I think that is what butcherbaby meant.