Dragon Cave: Announcement Thread

• Since we have several DC players here, I think it might be nice to have a thread for posting when someone notices a new egg being released or an event beginning.

This is not a place for trading or request lists, there are enough threads of that on DC's own forums. However, if you have a nice egg that needs a home then I don't think that would be a problem.
    If this is against forum rules, please correct me.

• Have you noticed the AP drops? There are plenty of low time eggs, all CB and even metallics aong them!

(And if I'm not mistaken the cave drops are different, too - haven't figured out how they work, though)

I'd like to trade this black rose for another black with same-colour parents!

• In the Help section:
    [QUOTE=rubyshoes,Mar 24 2013, 06:19 AM]TJ is currently "experimenting" and trying different things with the AP and cave block. The AP is currently not blocking the cave.[/QUOTE]
    Are new eggs in the cave dropping on the left rather than on the right?

I was looking at the cave and clicked by mistake.
    Anyone want a CB white? I don't. I don't have or want any whites.
    You have 5 hours. :D

Edited 2 times, last by blobber (March 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM).

• It seems to start from the left and then a few eggs only and after about 4 or 5 minutes it seems to go back to 'normal'. However, I'm not sure if inbetween I just saw caught eggs replaced at the place they were taken from... but it's all too fast, I cannot tell for sure.

The 1d 4-6 hrs drops in the AP seem to have stopped, however.

Edit:
    Now I'm sure. I just caught a magma that appeared from the left (in a three egg row) and saw a CB black move from the middle to the right position right before that.

Edited once, last by Kelandra (March 27, 2013 at 4:04 PM).

• Seems I missed the CB metal flood on the AP, but oh well, I´m happy with my CB pair of each Gold and Silver. :)
    I saw a lot of CB Black, Stripes and Pinks the last days on the AP, though...

What currently bugs me more is that we have a hatchie limit. If that would be suspended, even if only temporarily, I could grab much more nice things from the AP. Especially CB and nice lineaged Terraes. :D

EDIT: btw, just read about a rumour, that there might be a new release on April 7th.... ;)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

• Kintara
    Yep, one more and you're at the limit (Gold badge: 21 total, 7 eggs)

blobber
    Rumour says so.

CB metallics - I got the impression they are much easier to get right now. All my 'old' ones are from 2009. After that I could not get any. Last week I got a CB gold and missed another just because I was overburdened (aaaaargh!) and just yesterday I caught a silver and two golds from the cave.

• I might have to take a look at what's going on with these cave drops. I don't play as much on Dragon Cave anymore due both to tendinitis and I lost all of my names (didn't realize how short a period an absence was to do that) but I try to keep up with at least the holiday fun there. I certainly wouldn't mind trying to get some cb metallics either.

• hatchie limit? I have actually 13 hachies and can grab up to 7 eggs

Yes, that´s for me a limit right now, because I´m permanently hatchie-locked. I wish we could grab up to 7 eggs, but have as much hatchies as we want.... like on many other sites. :P

Somehow I sincereley hope we don´t get a release every month. :S

• Somehow I sincereley hope we don´t get a release every month. :S

Me too. There's too much pressure to get eggs as soon as they're released and I'd rather wait until I see the grown-ups. Some I don't like at all and wouldn't want. Sadly a lot of the recent ones have been like that - only you're not allowed to say so. e.g. Frills. (which I quite liked)
    TJ has started tweeting some teleport links now, maybe the second/third day. I've got a few of those.

• Yup, it was a shame that people complained so much that frills were discontinued - I wasn't overly fond of them but certainly didn't hate them. There are others which I like less - I never really warmed up to tinsels, for example, and I don't like the colour of the speckle throats.

• I like most of the breeds, except for Water Walkers and Guardians maybe (they mostly end up as zombie or ND fodder :P ), not much of a Tinsel fan either, but still, I collect my share of them. And now where the Frills and Bright Pinks are gone I wish I had collected more of them. When the Bright Pinks were discontinued I was still a newbie and didn´t recognise their value. ;(

• Oh I don't like water walkers either. I don't have any. Bright Pinks were before I started, but I like them and wish I had one. I abandoned the first Magi I got because I thought it was horrible and then had to get more when teleport was introduced. :D

• Oooh, my very first dragon was a Magi, together with a Purple, a Gray and White (the White accidently ended up as zombie fodder later :pinch: ) Those are my oldest dragons catched on April 8th 2009. :) I´ll have my forth anniversary soon. :D
    A CB Frill is also among my oldest, from April 11th of the same year. ^^

• Me too. There's too much pressure to get eggs as soon as they're released and I'd rather wait until I see the grown-ups. Some I don't like at all and wouldn't want. Sadly a lot of the recent ones have been like that - only you're not allowed to say so. e.g. Frills. (which I quite liked)
    TJ has started tweeting some teleport links now, maybe the second/third day. I've got a few of those.

Somewhere in the threads TJ has said he'd like to try to have one new dragon each month, released on a weekend so as not to interfere too much with peoples school/work schedules.
    What do you mean by TJ is tweeting links? Links to what?

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)

• Somewhere in the threads TJ has said he'd like to try to have one new dragon each month, released on a weekend so as not to interfere too much with peoples school/work schedules.
    What do you mean by TJ is tweeting links? Links to what?

If you follow Dragon Cave on Twitter, you'll see TJ randomly add links to grab a new egg the first day a new dragon is released.

A new dragon a month? That'd be horrible :( Newbies would never catch up and, like some other people mention, the stress to catch isn't very fun and many of the sprites haven't been very attractive lately.
    Just in my opinion ...the event items and whatnot are done well, but the most recent dragon sprites seem a little less creative and and some, like the spider dragons last Halloween, show less quality. I think they're rushing too much, maybe.

• I just have two wishes. A) That dragons could be just a little bit easier to catch (for selfish tendinitis reasons) and B) that it took more than two months for someone to lose all the names on the dragons they took forever to do so (for also really selfish reasons I admit). I've been playing around with Tales of Dragons for a few days due to seeing the pixel art of one that I really liked and found dragons there can also be bought with gold from other users. I don't know if that could really work with Dragon Cave or not. (I've also been wondering about the relation between the two sites seeing a familiar sounding name that I think I remember from Dragon Cave.)

Despite my complaints I do still have a fondness for Dragon Cave. It was the first adoptable site I joined. My favorites include the Rosebud Dragon, Guardian, and Daydream. It's been a while since I really looked at them all but those are ones that I like to think of first. Maybe if I can just sit down and get my dragons renamed I'll get back into it again but I feel so overwhelmed. I did learn a valuable lesson to pay more attention and also to always record the code of the dragon as well as the name for breeding purposes just in case. I think maybe after Easter I'll try to give things a go again. It sounds like a good time to catch up on all these dragons I've probably missed before more new ones come out. I am also eagerly awaiting the Easter Egg hunt to start regardless.

• If you follow Dragon Cave on Twitter, you'll see TJ randomly add links to grab a new egg the first day a new dragon is released.

A new dragon a month? That'd be horrible :( Newbies would never catch up and, like some other people mention, the stress to catch isn't very fun and many of the sprites haven't been very attractive lately.
    Just in my opinion ...the event items and whatnot are done well, but the most recent dragon sprites seem a little less creative and and some, like the spider dragons last Halloween, show less quality. I think they're rushing too much, maybe.

...and for the longest time I thought the only way to get eggs from the cave itself or through the forums. Lo and behold they're on the IRC and twitter too! 8|
    I'm sort of on the fence about a once a month release. It does get sort of boring for long term players that have met most of their scroll goals, so this will be something to look forward to.
    But as you point out it does put some stress on newer players, especially if they have any interest in doing lineages too.
    For me the concern is that my scroll will quickly become unmanageable if I try to keep up with the 4 to 6 CBs of each dragon I normally collect. I hope if this does happen that there will be updates in the way dragons can be sorted and displayed. My breeding page is already ridiculously long when I need to scroll through it.

Warning: My atrium is on SHROOM Overload! (^_^)