Deutsches Flowergame Wiki

• I've registered at the Wiki, but I have no idea where I should go to create English version. And neither do I know how to format texts or insert images. Is it okay if I send translated pages to someone who knows how to do it? If I start messing with Wiki edits I can do more harm than good ;(

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• I have translated "The Wild Garden" article into English (txt file attached). Here is the text, if any native speaker is kind enough to have a look and correct my English (especially my punctuation might need a final touch ;) )

The Wild Garden

The Wild Garden is the place where players can find seeds to plant in their own gardens. The Home Page [insert link] shows 3 seeds at a time, while the Wild Garden page shows 15 seeds at a time. If you have no seeds at the moment, you can pick up three; otherwise the number will be smaller or you won't be able to collect any seeds at all (you can care for max. 3 seeds at a time). If you can't see the seed you are looking for, you can refresh the page to see a new set or come back later. The displayed seeds change every time you refresh.
    Unlike many other games, both the seeds found at the Home Page and in the Wild Garden can be either parentless or bred by other players. It is also possible to find sprouts abandoned by other users, but it happens very rarely.
    If the News [insert link] link at the top shows up in red, it usually means that a new Event [insert link] has been announced by the Flowergame Team. New releases usually happen in the first days of each month, so this is the best time to watch out for brand new seeds. These are also the times when you might need some patience to find the seeds you are looking for. The new seeds get picked up very fast, and it can take a while before a new batch is generated. If there are many players online actively searching for the specific seed, it's actually a matter of luck who finds it first.
    Freshly collected seeds are dry; the sprouting process can only begin when you provide them with a minimum amount of Sunlight [insert link] and Water [insert link]. It is also possible to find a seed that has been already watered (and then abandoned) by the previous owner. The growth process is not reversed by abandoning, so it is actually possible for a freshly collected seed to sprout very soon.

This text is generally a translation of article written by Aztekior. I have added the following paragraph:
    "Unlike many other games, both the seeds found at the Home Page and in the Wild Garden can be either parentless or bred by other players. It is also possible to find sprouts abandoned by other users, but it happens very rarely."
    (It's probably my obsession for parentless plants kicking in, but I added it in case anyone shares this obsession :P)

A comment on the German version:
    Aztekior, great job! I have only one tiny little comment.
    "Solche Samen wurden von anderen Spielern ausgewildert bzw. gelangten bei Breedings in den wilden Garten, wenn keine freien Saattöpfe zur Verfügung standen."
    When there are no flowerpots available, the bred seeds are AUTO-abandoned, so the original owner cannot water them (they are gone immediately). So I would delete the last part of the sentence.

• Lorimmel, you are in the English version. Or see you an other language? If you was open a page, you see at the left at top and bottom the buttons "Edit the page". If you do it, you get the source. The most, what you see, is text. You can translate it. To look at the result from your working, click at the botton left "Preview". If you see, it's good, what you have done, click at "Save". That's all.

The links and the pictures you can let out from your work. Next time I look true and fix some wrong links. Red links will be green, if the target page is created. So only we have to control. The most of the links will be good step by step.

[align=center]

• A comment on the German version:
    Aztekior, great job! I have only one tiny little comment.
    "Solche Samen wurden von anderen Spielern ausgewildert bzw. gelangten bei Breedings in den wilden Garten, wenn keine freien Saattöpfe zur Verfügung standen."
    When there are no flowerpots available, the bred seeds are AUTO-abandoned, so the original owner cannot water them (they are gone immediately). So I would delete the last part of the sentence.

Yes, you are right. The part, that you striked thrue, it is wrong. *happy*, that you have seen it. :love: I fix it up also in the German version.

[align=center]

• Merci :) , "Wild Garden" the translation is inserted.

The last sentence in all pages with inserted flowergame pictures can be fix up, if anyone was write it in English. In the "Help" text there is the sample.

And by translating: Around formatting there can be some spaces. They has to be. Examples:

{{ image.png}} will be placed in align = right. And so on. (The most pictures I placed at first into a line to placing at align = right. So it shows at the wanted place.)

\\space
    So are placed extra empty lines. Without the ' ' it will give nothing.

[align=center]

• lorimmel, I have looked over your text and made only one very minor adjustment. For the most part it was right on! :thumbup: Here is what I suggest:

If you don't (was "can't") see the seed you are looking for, you can refresh the page to see a new set or come back later.

I would also put a space in between the paragraphs to make for easier reading - but that's just me. ^^

• lorimmel, I have looked over your text and made only one very minor adjustment. For the most part it was right on! :thumbup: Here is what I suggest:

If you don't (was "can't") see the seed you are looking for, you can refresh the page to see a new set or come back later.

I would also put a space in between the paragraphs to make for easier reading - but that's just me. ^^

Aww thank you for checking it, Tru :love:

Please help them grow faster! Thank you! / Bitte hilf meinen Blumen, schneller zu wachsen! Vielen Dank!

• *Oh* I was not sending post? OK

Done. Regular and Special Flowers and the Decorations are placed in English. All images has to show correctly now. So my first steps are finished. The texts you can translate.

[align=center]

• Ich hab noch im deutschen Wiki einen Tippfehler gefunden.
    Unter dem Punkt Einstellungen, Absatz: Accounteinstellungen

Die Einstelloptionen sind intuitiv klar vertsehbar. U.a. kann das Layout von Flowergame individuell angepasst werden

Ich würde außerdem "unter anderem" ausschreiben, weil es am Satzanfang steht.

• I'll try to translate "My Garden" and "Greenhouse" today over morning coffee. I'll attach txt files to this post as soon as they are ready, and I'll also paste the text in case there are any mistakes to be corrected :)

Edit: Done

My Garden

There are links all over the site that take us to "My Garden" page.
    1. We can always get there from any part of the game by clicking the link "My Garden" in the top link bar.
    2. When we are in the Greenhouse or in the Atrium, we can get to our Garden by clicking the garden image [insert image] or the link "to the center" beside the image.

From "My Garden" page we can get to the Greenhouse [insert link][insert image] or to the Atrium [insert link][insert image] by clicking their respective images.

Depending on the season, "My Garden" page can also show additional links, like the Christmas Market around Christmas 2011.

====================================================================================================================================

The Greenhouse

You can get to your Greenhouse from My Garden [insert link] page by following the "Greenhouse" [insert image] link.

At the top of your Greenhouse you will discover the Sun [insert link][insert image], the Watering Can [insert link][insert image] and the Pixie [insert image], who invites you to follow the Link [insert link] to Minigames [insert link]. You will need his help to care for your plants.

By clicking the garden image [insert image] or the link "to the center" you can get to My Garden [insert link] page.

[insert image][insert image][insert image] The 3 flowerpots are used for sowing the seeds you can get from the Wild Garden [insert link], from Breeding [insert link], as a Gift [insert link] from another player, or from a Parcel [insert image] delivered by the Post Pixie [insert image] during an Event [insert link]. Each flowerpot can accommodate one seed.

Below the seeds you will find sprouting plants in flowerpots. Currently there is no limit for the number of sprouts you can have.
    Below the sprouts you will find your collection of adult plants. According to your Settings [insert link], the Greenhouse will show all the plants you own, or only those not displayed in your Atrium [insert link].

• Where is the English version? When I go there all I see is German. ?(

It's a work in progress. We will try to translate all articles as soon as possible. Atztekior posted the german text into the Wiki so that we know what we will have to translate (so it has a placeholder function)

• I entered Tru's correction into the English Wiki by replacing "can't see" with "don't see" in the Wild Garden article. And I edited out double word "Greenhouse" in My Garden :)
    I will try to translate "the Atrium" today, but I'm having a busy day so it can happen I won't finish until tomorrow :P

• I am at work now (bad me!!!) but I was wondering if you would want screen caps of the game in English for the English wiki? That is something I could do too - only I guess I would like to know what you would need me to name them. I did one screen shot and called it the same as yours only added "-en" on the end. Thought, perhaps I should put it at the beginning so they would all be together, but not sure if that matters or not?

lorimmel, do you not feel comfortable putting your English text straight into the wiki? If you did, I could just edit it there for you.

Thank you, Elixir - I figured that out and have made an account there now as well. ^^

Be back later, but much, since I have two meetings to go to tonight! :pinch:

• I finished the article about the Atrium (txt file attached).
    Ooops... I wanted to translate something more, but I got this message:
    Diese Seite befindet sich zur Zeit im Wartungsmodus. Sorry, this page is not available due to maintenance.
    Do they have regular maintenance times, or did their server crash or something? The page has been unavailable for a few hours now ;(
    Edit: Oh okay, I found it. They have announced server maintenance for tonight. They say it will last about seven hours.

lorimmel, do you not feel comfortable putting your English text straight into the wiki? If you did, I could just edit it there for you.

Tru, I don't know how to create links and add images to the Wiki. Aztekior has been doing it so far. He has already put the translated articles into the Wiki, and I'm sure he will also paste the Atrium article later today :)
    So far we have in English:
    - Start
    - Wild Garden
    - My Garden
    - Greenhouse
    - Atrium (probably later today)
    And yes it would be absolutely the best solution if you checked and edited them when they are already in the Wiki :love: In this way nothing will get lost in the process :)

• Well, links are easy: [[link|display-text]].
    After "link" there is a pipe. Intern and extern links have the same syntax.

Or: [[link]]
    So we see the link as display-text.

Also you can select the wantet text and use the link-button in the editor-top button-bar.
    Or place at first the [[]] with the button and then place the link in it.

So all, what we beed, is easy. Ask, what you just need, I show it. And... Flowergame-Wiki will be a nice and a good wiki. :)

[align=center]