Posts by dustpuppy

Welcome, BotanyBlack! :)
    Every time you get a new plant, it'll unlock a part of your compendium, that can be quite interesting.
    And once you have two fully grown plants of the same type, you can breed them to get seeds.
    And watch out for holidays like easter and halloween, there are usually special games and holiday plants! :D

So, I'm breeding roses at the moment and I'd like to play a game while I wait for them to grow up. :)

This is how it works: I post my roses and you can guess which colour it will be. If someone guessed right, they WIN THE ROSE! :D
    Only one person can bet on the same colour for the same plant (obviously). I will always bet on black, because that's the colour I'm trying to breed. I hope this'll be fun!

Here we go:

#157942 turned yellow, #157941 turned red, #157768 turned white, #158483 turned white, #158482 turned pink, #159067 purple VENUSFAE WINS!
    #159068 turned purple, #159317 two-coloured/dark purple MIASKYWALKER WINS!
    #159318 turned two-coloured/dark purple, #159888 turned two-coloured/dark purple, #159889 turned black! :D
    #160251 turned pink, #160250 white GEORGEXU94 WINS!, #160382 dark purple SHELYBEAR WINS!, #160383 white EMERALDIS WINS!
    #161245 dark purple SPIRITOFSAKURA WINS! #161246 turned black! #162161 turned pink
    #162162 turned purple #162292 turned black! #162293 turned black! #162601 turned yellow, SpiritOfSakura wins!
    #162602 turned yellow, SpiritOfSakura wins again! :D #163775 turned orange, LadyNova wins!

#164196 Clara: dark purple, VenusFae: pink
    #164197 Clara wins!

Really, you´re testing the encyclopedia? That`s cool. :thumbup: I guess you´re not allowed to say more about it, are you? :whistling:

We are allowed to talk about it, but discouraged from discussing details as a lot of things are still being changed around so it would just cause confusion. Currently TJ is fixing the elemental affinity that isn't showing up properly for everyone, I'm pretty excited about that new aspect to the game. :D

Yes that's true, TJ isn't really big on transparency...
    I suppose it's one way to stay sane when hundreds of people all demand different things, but he could at least say what's going on. I'm beta testing the encyclopedia and sometimes I have no idea if I should report something as a bug or if it's supposed to work that way because we don't get much feedback. There aren't many bugs though anyway.

Yes! Let's all insult the spriter, who didn't actually make the ratios! What a moron! How dare she tell us truthfully that they were intended to be uncommon! Boo! Hiss! If TJ made them rarer without telling her, it is clearly HER responsibility! Stupid idiot! Burn her! ;)

True, they are incredibly hard to find in the cave (so were Blacks for a long time) but Coppers breed a lot better than rares (so did the Blacks). Does that mean they might be very uncommon instead of rare? It seems unlikely, but I don't presume to rule it out. I'm such a moron! :D

It seems unusual because usually new eggs flood the biomes but I've been unable to glimpse even one in either the forest or alpine biomes in the last 20 minutes :-/

They flood the biomes on the day of the release, but after a few hours other eggs start mixing in and about a day later they usually only show up every now and then if they're not super common (and it's now three days later). I've just seen two in the Alpine biome, they're gone very fast but they do drop. :)

Once I have an idea for a drawing, my hands work by themselves. And my head was spinning with other stuff.
    "I need a flyer that includes EVERYTHING we offer! And it has to appeal to EVERYONE! After reading it, people have to be pracitcally forced to come to our practice!"
    "Um, everything? Even the spare-time work as hunter and the sale of venison?"
    "No, but apart from that, EVERYTHING!"
    "You know that this is supposed to be a flyer, not a book, right?"
    "EVERYTHING!"
    "And what kind of style/design?"
    "Oh, just do something. Think of something nice."
    Customers from hell. :)

(zu warm für andere Sprache ... bei wem ist es kühl genug für eine Übersetzung?-)

Am Mittwoch hatte ich hier den ganzen Tag über Besprechungen für verschiedene Aufträge (mit etwas Glück wird ein Teil davon sogar bezahlt, yeah) und hatte so den Kopf voll, aber die Hände frei. Also fing ich an nebenbei etwas zu scribbeln und als der Abend kam war der kleine Pixie fertig. Es war sozusagen ein Überraschungspixie, daher auch keine Ankündigung - er stolperte quasi durch die nebentür hinein.

On wednesday I had meetings for different commissions all day (with a little luck I will actually get paid for some of them, yeah), so my head was full but my hands were idle. So I started doodling and in the evening, the little pixie was done. So it was sort of of a surprise pixie, thus the lack of an annoucement - he kind of stumbled in through a side door.

Danke, Nephele!
    Das hätte ich nicht gedacht, dass er einfach so nebenbei entstanden ist, so ein Talent hätte ich auch gerne. :D