Posts by MilkaQ

@ idril: yes, right Karl May is also a good example of overly christian allegories.And i used to love him as a kid! :( Perhaps i lost some of my innocence ...And i have to state that i'm christian myself, i just can't stand this "my religion is better than yours, my god is the only one who can make you go to paradise" phrases.(they exist in many religions, not only in christianity)
    @ MiaSkywalker: Oh! Yes! Patricia McKillip! I enjoyed her Riddle Master triology a lot. Couldn't lay my hands on her other books though, perhaps i've to search again....
    @ Nephele: Ja,ja der gute Terry haust immer irgendwo im Hintergrund und gibt Kommentare! :D ich liebe diesen hintergründigen Humor, der Patrizier ist meine absolute Lieblingsfigur von der Scheibenwelt.
    Zählen eigentlich die Shadow Run Bücher auch zur Kategorie Cyberpunk? Die ersten drei fand ich echt Klasse, sehr originell eine hochtechnologisierte Welt in der Magie und magische Wesen ebenbürtig zur Technik existiert zu erschaffen....Hut ab!

@ Alia: Oh my, didn't expect to find another Tanith Lee reader here, for she is not so well known.Nowadays at least.What really is a pity, because she really is unique and her tales are....dark and lovely.I'll never forget the tale about how the demons changed the form of snakes to cats... :love:
    And of course the master of them all, Azrharn....

As for C.S.Lewis...oh well, i loved Narnia as a kid.But after re-reading it as an adult, i felt very disappointed.I've suddenly noticed all those christian allegories and that really spoiled the fun for me.I felt like the reader should be teached something at all costs and i really can't stand being influenced in such an obvious manner.... :( So i didn't read his other books.

Yes, i know that problem...Soooo many books to read and so little time... ;(
    But this weekend i ended up with a flu and a heavy cough, so i will rest most of the time, taking the opportunity to read!

Strangely, i thought i've read nearly everything from Foster, but i didn't even KNOW that he's written transformer books.... 8o
    Learn something new every day! (adding to "to read list")
    I really like his writing style a lot!

As for now I'm settling with Bernhard Hennen, a fantasy author. It's ok, but a bit of complicated setups.

Oh, i'm playing "die Siedler"too, which world are you on? I'm in "Bernsteingarten"
    And of course i'm playing DragonCave. But that's it with online games.
    We play some board games (Siedler of Catan,ect.) in the family and i loved watching my sons playing Zelda and Final Fantasy on the PS 2/3.
    I feel like a stalker.... 8o

idril: Oh, you should try and read them, they are hilarious! Although i can be a bit embarassing , if you read them in public, because people starring at you, when you burst out in uncontrollable laughter....that happened to me more than one time.... ;)

Does anybody of you the author Tanith Lee and her books about the flat earth? They're a favourite of me. But after all, i have sooo much i like about sci-fi and fantasy, i just can't list them all.Just want to mention Alan Dean Foster as a great author with his Homanx Books (I love Flinx and his little Pip).
    And of course Tolkin.He was my entry card into a world beyond imagination and i owe him a lot.His world was a save haven in a time of my life,when real life was picking hard on me...

@ Shelybear: I think Harry Potter and LotR belong more to the genre of fantasy.

Well, i got it, when i had collected a certain number of flowers.But i really can't remember how much flowers i had at that time.
    I also remember reading somewhere, that indeed there was an event where the lake was first introduced, but i wasn't a member of the game at that time, so i guess it's alright to go on collecting and sometimes you'll get the lake! :)

Again:
    Thank you for so generously gifting me flowers! What a extremly nice community this is! :)
    I only have these left:
    a cyan Biter(no 3)
    a purpleb and pink Iris (no. 2 and 4)
    a bluespots a Orchid (no 5 )
    a blue Hycinth (no 2 )
    https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t…320981996_n.jpg
    I'm referring to this list

As we can't keep our gardens i will send out all my flowers after taking a screenshot tomorrow (tomorrow, because i'm a pc derp and my son has to help me with taking that picture... :S )

ah, thank you Mia! our flowers are helping me a lot! :D
    But that was indeed the brightred not the red.I love it nonetheless!
    The one i mean is Gerbera no 5 on this list : https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t…320981996_n.jpg
    Just to clarify i also list the other flowers i need according to that list
    Iris: No. 2 and 4
    Biter:1 and 3
    Hibiscus: will do them later, because i'm not able anymore to identify the colour shades today
    Hyacinth: ditto

Do you still need some flowers too?

@ Mia: thank you for the flowers!
    i took the colours from the element description of the flowers itself, because there are a few lists floating around and i don't know which one i should refer to...The gerbera i mean is -hm,orange/reddish one.Not the orange and not the bright red and not the dark Burgund red...sigh...yes it is indeed hard to explain! Even more when it comes to Irises and Orchids ||

Nonetheless again: Thanks to all the beautiful people who've send me flowers!!
    Here is the rest of what i need:
    a Dragonhead ,a pink,redb,purpleb Iris, a cyan, or yellow Biter, a darkred,purpleblue or blue Hyacinth, a orange,pink or blue Hibiscus,a bluespot a,orangespot or pink Orchid,red or white (yes i know..) Gerbera

Not much left anymore! :D