Posts by froglady

I always copy/paste the links into Notepad and the also completely compose my post there, as well. Then it's just "Edit-->Select All-->Edit-->Copy" click in the forum reply box and hit "enter". Done. No forum timeout or browser crash to make me crazy. I use this for any reply to any forum on any site where I might be typing a long reply or having to put in links or other time-consuming stuff.

I remember last year, though, people were sacrificing plants even after staff said it would be in the news when the sacrifice had started. And the sacrifice day was April 30. It might have carried on after that, but it didn't start until Walpurgisnacht. It didn't work for the whole time that the mushrooms were growing and breeding, just the 30th and maybe a bit on from there.

And I just wanted to say a big "Thank you" to Nephele and staff for the lovely lake! My computer froze in the middle of the post pixie delivery the other night, so I didn't know what the prize was. Finally figured it out.

The sacrifice only worked on April 30, Walpurgis itself, anyway. It wasn't all week. You need to pick a plant you don't want, because it will be gone once you abandon it. Find an extra one in your greenhouse to sacrifice this year, as we'll probably have another request for it on the 30th.

Yes, it's always been separate. I know that because I remember having to sign up for it, which I did way after I joined Flowergame. Plus I know some people don't use their in-game name here, and there have been several posts in the past where folks forgot their forum username and password. If you've been a member for a while, you probably just don't remember having to sign up for the forum as a separate site.

Yes, the furniture will be in your inventory at the bottom of the "extra" areas beyond the greenhouse. You have to raise a certain number of plants (gifts don't count) to get each of the two extra areas.
    The snails are used as you click on them. The plant whose page you click gets the benefit of the snail immediately, so you can't save them up and use them later.
    As for how long your plants have to go, it is 100 hours from the time you pick up the seed for the seed to sprout and then another 100 hours from sprout to adult IF you have full sun and water all the time for the plant. If not, it slows down. There is no timer to tell you when the plant will be grown. I just add 5 days to when I picked up the seed and expect the sprout then and the grown plant 5 days later than that. It should be 4 days plus 4 hours but often I'm on here right before bed, so it's 4 days plus a nights' sleep and a day's work before I see my sprout.

I agree with Kintara about primroses. This time of year the garden primroses are beautiful. Right after the camellias quit, the primroses take over. All colors, most with yellow "eyes" at the center. The scientific name of the wild type is Primula vulgaris, but the lovely color range is mainly found in the cultivated hybrids of that type. Primula is low-growing with trumpet-shaped flowers, and should not to confused with the taller, bigger tissue-paper flowers of the evening primrose (genus I believe is Oenothera). We have white, yellow, purple-blue, red and hot pink planted on our hospital campus. They are gorgeous.

Once the seeds are adult, the parents can be bred again. So 8 days, give or take. If you bred your parents right at the very beginning of the event, you might have a few hours' window in which to breed them a second time on the last day of the event, since all events are turned "on" and "off" by staff, not automatically.

Hi there from a WEST Virginian! Actually, I transplanted myself to sunny California about 16 years ago, but I lived my first 36 years in Pt. Pleasant, WV and its surrounds. Everyone always says "Oh, you're from Virginia. It's so nice there." And they are right...Virginia is beautiful. Just have to love the Skyline Drive, Luray Caverns, Blacksburg, Wytheville, Norfolk/Suffolk/Virginia Beach and the Eastern shore. Hope you find us a friendly group. We love to see new players. It means the word is getting out there about our beautiful little game.

Nephele's artwork is so gorgeous it will be worth waiting for. I wouldn't expect a different game for each holiday, as her time needs to be spent on new flowers for those instead. Plus that would be entirely too much work.
    I'll try clearing my cache and see if that helps the issue I was having.

I have a new problem with the match game. It's happened to me twice. I have two sets of Corn Poppy seedpods under the cards in the same game. The first time it happened I shrugged and went on, but the second time I discovered that you have to match the right two with each other or it doesn't count. This is quite confusing. Is there a way to fix it?

And Geore, right now the Snow Queen reigns year-round except when Santa takes over at Christmas. Perhaps one day we will have the Flower Fairy raining flowers during spring and early summer(April thru July) and the Harvest Fairy raining fruits and colorful leaves in the late summer and fall (August, September, October). Well, I can dream, can't I?