Just curious- Why did you chose this username?

• This is the question that I always curious about.
    I believe that all names have at least one lovely story behind them.
    For me, this is the combination of my simplified English name and my original Surname (in my first language). XD.

-If I made some grammar or spelling mistakes,sorry for that and pls let me know:)

-Currently learning German-
    <3

Edited once, last by Shelybear (February 24, 2014 at 4:56 PM).

• Mine is from one of Tolkien´s books, the Silmarilion. Idril was the daughter of king Turgon of Gondolin and mother of Earendil the Mariner. Being a huuuuge Tolkien fan I chose that name when I signed up at an Elvish forum waaayyyy back (I think it was even the first forum I eversigned up to) and I continued to use it on most forums since then, mosty because it´s nice and short. :P
    Also, my avatar is the emblem of Idril. :)
    On whichever forum you see that name and emblem it´s most probably me. ;)

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

Edited 2 times, last by idril (February 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM).

• It's a german pun of words.
    Milka is a famous brand of chocolate, which advertises with a lilac cow on the front. The german word for cow is Kuh, which is pronounced exactly
    like the letter Q in the german alphabet.So, because i'm a helpless chocoholic....I'm the MilkaQ :D

• I love this! I am always curious about how people choose their usernames too!

Unfortunately, mine has a rather long explanation. Here it is:

The first board I ever signed up on with IMDb.com. I had just finished reading ALL of Jane Austin's books and watching all the movies that I could get my hands on. Well, my favorite character of all, along with my favorite book of all, was Pride and Prejudice. Just loved Lizzy. SO, I made my username as Lizzystheone on IMDb, but when I came back the very next day, I couldn't sign on because I had forgotten my password, so I had to make another account. Well, Elinor from Sense and Sensibility was my second favorite character, so I tried to sign up with just plain "Elinor" but someone else had already taken it. Well, I thought - that's just not right! I'm the true Elinor! and, after dropping one of the "e's", I came up with truelinor and that is how to pronounce it too - true Elinor. Of course, it is rather ironic that I go by "Tru" now rather than Elinor, but that's the way it turned out. I have also used this username on almost every forum I've signed up on - so it is probably me if you see one there.

• My username is over 10 years old really. I can't remember exact details, but originally it was Supernova, then I tacked Lady in front of it for reasons I don't recall any more. Over time I started shortening it to Lady Nova and finally just turned it into one word.
    but yeah, I use it almost everywhere, so if you run into a Lady nova or Lady supernova somewhere, it's probably me.

• When I was trying to think of a character name for ren fairs a friend of mine said I was a force of nature, (something along the lines of nature abhors a vaccuum lol) and I liked Shakespear so we settled on Tempest :) (one of the 7 Sea sisters) so I became Tempest Sea - and in one form or another I have been that nearly everywhere since then.

• It seems that most of you got the name from the fictitious characters and some (like me) got ours from our original name.
    I like all the names! *Cheers And I'm happy that you enjoy this discussion.

And...
    EmeraldsLyn/
    I like the Emeralds. May I call you Lyn? I like its pronunciation.

mblansett/
    Sooo...are people always call you by your middle name?

Mimmu/
    That's really a cute name! May I ask why you have three first names?

idril/
    I haven't read that book but I know Tolkien. Ah... I use this name for most of forums and games, too. XD

Alia/
    Haven't read it, either. But I may try in the future.

MilkaQ/
    *A BIG BEAR HUG* I'm a helpless chocoholic,too. Uhm...maybe the word hopeless is more precise.

Tru/
    Just want to tell you that Pride and Prejudice is my favourtie novel, among all the classic literature! I read the translated book at first and then tried to read it in English. I watched all versions of movies,too (and I like 1995 version the best).

LadyNova/
    So you will never forget your id since you use it for such a long time :D
    But I sometimes have problem on remembering my username...

tempestsea/
    Oh shakespear... I'm not sure my feeling about that but sometimes I found it difficult for me to read them (in English). Even in my first language, I cannot distinguish the characters. Most of them have annoying long long long long names(-and titles!).

I tried to comment on all your replies.XD.
    But if I missed yours, sorry for that and poke me!

<3

• Shelybear, it's quite common in Finland to have 2-3 first names :) My little brother has also three, my mom and dad both have two and my granparents have also 2-3.

Wow it's interesting. Then how will others call you? By which, or just pick one of your name randomly?
    People here often have several English names because some of us decided to change their English name when they grew up. But after changing, only one will be in the use.

<3

• I go with my second name, I think it's because it's one of my grandmom's names :) My mom has decided that long time ago, I think. Usually it's the first first name which is used here and the rest of the names just are there but aren't used often (mostly when you have something to do with polices, hospitals and others like that where it's important to identify you).

Just because I'm curious, where are you from? :)

• idril/
    I haven't read that book but I know Tolkien. Ah... I use this name for most of forums and games, too. XD

Well, the Sil is not as well known as the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. And it´s definitely harder to read as those. It has a lot of characters and spans a long time period. It´s more epic written, though and for me it´s like the Old Testament of Middle-Earth. :) I´m not sure if I even like it more than the Hobbit and LotR. ;)

MilkaQ: Lol, I love your name. :D In Austria we mosty pronounce the Q as kwe, though...

100475.png 8829.png 120648.png66447.png 2XHsN.gif

Tru/
    Just want to tell you that Pride and Prejudice is my favourtie novel, among all the classic literature! I read the translated book at first and then tried to read it in English. I watched all versions of movies,too (and I like 1995 version the best).

Yes, that is my favorite one too! :D

I wonder if we'll find out how Exterminans got his name. I would be interested. :)

• Yes, that is my favorite one too! :D

I wonder if we'll find out how Exterminans got his name. I would be interested. :)

I doubt it.XD
    But I am curious,too.(btw,I guess it's original word for Exterminate in Latin) And I want to know why he used Ext3h before..

@idril I watched TLoR last year and enjoyed it! I like the settings and I'm going to watch the Hobbit.

<3

Edited 4 times, last by Shelybear (February 26, 2014 at 9:51 AM).

• LadyNova/
    So you will never forget your id since you use it for such a long time :D
    But I sometimes have problem on remembering my username...

I guess it's grown on me, yeah. At least it's neat and universal.
    I actually have another username that I use when I'm not comfortable revealing my gender. And a few more for very specific places. I like having multiple lives on the internet.